49

//////

////////////

/////////////////

////////////////////

///////////////////////

"Alright, that's it for now." There was a resonating snap of a glove and the clinging noise of silver scissors dropping onto a metal table. "You were such a good girl, Eri."

Eri.

A name that means "a blessing." What a fitting name for a girl who only causes misfortune onto others and herself.

Eri could not read, nor could she speak on par with other seven-year olds. She was slightly above average in height for a girl. Other than that, the only blessed part about her was her ability to comply.

She was obedient, like a dog that had been trained to sit from the shock of a collar. Who knows how bad the shock would be if she did not comply to her owner's command.

The session was done. She wondered how Overhaul would react to having his arms chopped up. How would he react to being disassembled and then put back together, feeling every sensation that arises along the way?

That was a bad thought.

Her arms ached with a dull pain. The bandages were slightly too tight. Eri rolled her wrists around a couple of times to loosen them.

I don't like that thought.

"So. Have you been giving your new guards any trouble?" Overhaul adjusted his mask, putting on a new set of gloves, his casual gloves.

Eri shook her head, her hair swaying back and forth, collecting in front of her face.

"Good to hear. I'll believe you." Overhaul and Eri made eye contact for a brief moment before Overhaul made the signal for Eri to stand up. "Let's get you back to your room."

"O-Okay." she said in a small voice. It hurt to speak.

"Good girl."

But, I'm not good. Not at all.

I had a bad thought..

III

Chapter 49: Pyramid Formation

HOSU CITY 

"Excuse me sir, where can I find a lavatory- Ow!" A passerby flew back upon impact with a bony shoulder. 

A man in dark inconspicuous clothing was walking down the street with his hood on, strings pulled tight. Blue-gray hair came through his hood in wisps. His worn-out sneakers were loosely tied. 

A crowd of people were standing in front of a billboard. 

What's going on here? 

A video was playing on the billboard loud and clear. You could hear it from miles away. Even the sounds of traffic didn't nullify the sound in the slightest. The billboard flashed images from the Kamino Ward incident, as well as various imagery 

"Overpaid faculty, overworked students. What will you do to help the youth of today? Stop the corruption of UA Academy today. Put an end to violence and injustice with your signature at www.EndUA.com."

Shigaraki Tomura stopped walking, dropping his arms to his side. 

You were right....Master

It's happening.