12

II  PREVIOUSLY ON HE'S BACK II

"Starting tomorrow, you'll all be training for the UA Sports Festival."

"Yes sir!" 

Chapter 12: Problem Child

Three Days Later...

Kioku was in the training room, practicing against a punching bag. His knuckles had started to bruise, but yet he kept at it. 

He knew that he needed to work on boosting his endurance. That was obvious. Being quirkless put him at a disadvantage compared to his peers. 

This was a good way to train endurance, as well as release his frustrations. 

With one strong punch, he knocked the punching bag off the hook and on to the floor. 

"Impressive, but messy. You're doing it all wrong." 

Kioku let himself catch his breath. The punching bag had begun to leak sand onto the floor. 

"To build up endurance, you don't force it all at once. That's how you destroy your body. Remember to give your body a rest once in a while."

"Why are you always managing to find me? I don't need your pity."

"This must be hard to talk about. Especially to someone you barely know." Aizawa's voice was calm. It was exactly what Kioku needed. "I finally understand you a little more."

"Sensei. I'm fine."

"If you insist. I'm not your guardian, so I have no right to interfere with your personal life." Aizawa took the clipboard from Kioku's hands.

Kioku was noticeably surprised by Aizawa's calm reaction. He felt safe, although his head hurt.

"Now, can you promise me something?"

And there's the catch.

"What do you want?"

"I want you to try and let your classmates help you." Aizawa put the cat plush in Kioku's hand. "They care about you." 

Oh right, Aizawa must be worried about him. 

Kioku was surprised by Aizawa'a lack of anger. He wasn't upset at all about Kioku damaging school equipment.

"Problem child, meet me in my office after school. But for right now, please go to Recovery Girl."

Kioku stood there, panting and out of breath. He looked at his Sensei, and then at his hands. 

III

"I'm so proud of you Iida!" Uraraka balled her hands into fists, sticking one in the air. "You will definitely be a great class rep!"