31

// PREVIOUSLY IN HE'S BACK //

It sounded easy enough, until..

Bakugou and Todoroki were compressed into small marbles. A man in a magician costume caught them in his right hand.

"How do you like the show so far? Call me Mr. Compress. I'll be your entertainment for the evening!" 

.

.

.

🎵 This Chapter Contains optional Ambient Sounds. Please Turn Up Your Volume 

Chapter 31: Retrograde II

III

"Bakugou! Todoroki!" shrieked Ochaco, taken aback by how sudden the attack was. "What did you do?!" 

"It was a simple sleight-of-hand magic trick. And now it's time for the final act."

Ochaco grit her teeth, floating herself up into the air. She caught a glimpse of a small dark portal. This was indeed the final act. 

Kioku glared at Mr. Compress. "What are you planning to do with me? Whatever you want from me surely doesn't involve my classmates." 

"I believe it. That's why I'm making a bargain. Either you come with me quietly, or I'll take these two instead."

"Over our dead bodies! You won't be taking any of us!" 

Dark Shadow was unleashed. "Don't hurt our friends!" garbled the shadow monster, landing a direct hit to Mr. Compress. 

Suddenly, blue flames surrounded the perimeter, blocking all exits. 

"Well, if it isn't the kid we're looking for." The second villain let out a raspy chuckle. "This was much easier than I anticipated. That's almost no fun, but hey, at least we'll get our reward." 

The villain gave a condescending smirk. "You're much weaker than I thought." The two villains teleported farther away. 

Kioku still hadn't said anything. He felt pathetic. 

"Don't listen to him, Midoriya!" called Ochaco. "I have a plan!" 

Ochaco landed back on the floor. "Asui, can you be in charge of retrieving the marbles? I'll make you and Tokoyami weightless! Tokoyami can be the offense. Iida can be the acceleration. We need to free Bakugou and Todoroki!"

"Who will stay with Midoriya?!" asked Iida. "Our main priority is protecting him!"

Suddenly, Yaoyorozu raised her hand. "I will. Sorry I was out for so long. Here." Yaoyorozu created a rope. "We can pull you guys back once you've retrieved the marbles. Good luck."

"Thank you Yaomomo! Don't over exert your energy!" Ochaco proceeded to the plan.

Kioku watched as Asui, Tokoyami, Iida, and Tsu propelled themselves across the air. He felt so useless. 

"I know what you must be feeling right now. Like, you could have done more, but you can't." murmured Yaoyorozu. "I've felt that way before."

Kioku turned his head to look at her.