13

Chapter 13: The Son Of Endeavor

‼️ This chapter contains a word count of over 3000

Everyone was in the waiting room. Adrenaline was pumping, and everyone was ready to be broadcasted on live tv.

"Alright! I'm so ready for this! I've been training on increasing the length of my hardening!"

"Nice man! I've increased my tolerance for using a higher level of my electricity!"

Midoriya had set a bag down on the table. It was full of all of his new support gear from the support course.

"Woah! None of us were allowed to bring extra gear!" There were some more complaints as well.

Yaoyorozu looked at Kaminari. "He's allowed to bring in gear due to being quirkless. It's only fair."

"Right! I forgot. Say, Midoriya, did you do something new with your hair?"

Everyone looked over at Midoriya. His hair was very lightly trimmed. His bangs no longer flew around in his face. Everyone could now clearly see his intense eyes.

"It suits him! It'll really help with his vision. I don't know why he kept his hair like that before."

"Probably as an attempt to keep the girls away. Just look at them."

Kioku ruffled his hand through his hair. Why was everyone making such a big deal of it? As Sero had said, it was strictly to increase his field of vision. Katsuki suddenly stomped through the door.

"Oi, Deku. You should know, I'M GOING TO BEAT YOU!" A small explosion sent Kioku's satchel onto the floor.

"Why do you call him that weird nickname? I've never heard you say his real name."

"None of your damn business!"

"Oh, well here comes the last grump of Class 1A."

A boy with red and white hair walked through the door. Everyone moved out of his way, other than Katsuki.

"I wouldn't be surprised if Todoroki won the festival. He's got the best technique, and not to mention, two quirks."

"Yeah, but he only ever uses one of them."

Kioku looked over at Ashido. He had noticed that he'd never actually seen Todoroki use his fire. It was basically like he only had one quirk.

"Yeah, I don't know why he only uses his ice. He'd be unstoppable if he used both quirks!

Kioku felt a warm hand grab his shoulder forcefully.

"Midoriya." Kioku sat up from his seated position.

Everyone turned around to face the two of them. They seemed to only ever get into fights.

"I hope you know that I'm much stronger than you. Know your place. I will beat you in the Sports Festival, and I'll do it only using my right side."

Everyone's eyes bulged wide.

This was his formal declaration of war, on Midoriya Kioku. Perhaps Todoroki was blinded by rage. No one understood his words other that Kioku.

Kioku watched Todoroki walk away. No one said anything else, but he could tell just how surprised everyone was at his outburst. No one expected Kioku to retaliate. Why would he? They probably all thought he was right.

But Kioku wasn't about to let Todoroki get away with this.

"Ok." Kioku took a step forward, grabbing the back of Todoroki's gym uniform. Everyone turned to look at him once again.