Chapter 2a: Follow the Real Leader!!!

"Good morning, everyone! It is now 7 a.m. and nighttime is officially over! Time to rise and shine!!!"

What? Morning? When did I fall asleep?

I lifted my face up from the tear and drool-stained pillow I was weeping on last night. "Ugh...." I put my face back onto the pillow, not caring at all about going to the cafeteria like we usually did everyday that we've been stuck in this hellhole. I closed my eyes and let myself drift back to sleep.

———————————-

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

"Hellooo? Leafy? Are you in there?" I heard a raspy voice ask followed by more knocking. I lifted my head up from the pillow and groaned, using the pillow to cover my ears.

"Leafy??? Hello?? I was told to go get you. Are you awake?" The voice asked again. I didn't respond. I covered my ears with the pillow even harder, hoping for whoever was knocking to go away.

"Leafy?? Leafyyyyyy-"

"What do you want?! Can't you take a hint?!" I angrily opened the door, the person in front of me scoffing.

"Well, sorryyyy that we're concerned about your safety! You didn't show up to the cafeteria and now everyone is freaking out!" Firey crossed his arms as he rolled his eyes at me, scoffing again. "And what's up with you? You look like a total mess."

"Wh- huh?? What's up with me?! Are you stupid?! Two people died yesterday!!!"

Firey's eyes widened and he looked down, tapping his foot against the floor. "Y-yeah, I know...sorry I just-"

"Shut up. I'm going back to sleep. Go tell everyone I'm fine and that they don't have to keep on worrying about me anymore," I say as I shut the door, only to be interrupted by that same foot that was once tapping on the floor, the foot now preventing me from closing the door.

"W-what the hell is wrong with you Leafy? Aren't you like, the optimist of the group? The cheerful, friendly, 'you can do it!' person? This isn't like you y'know. C'mon, let's go eat and you'll feel a lot better, yeah? I'll make you whatever you're craving-"

"Are you serious?! I knew you weren't the smartest, but oh my god! You just cannot put two and two together can you?"

"Leafy-"

"Shut up! Why am I not acting like my usual self?! Because two of our friends just DIED!! You think I can act cheerful and happy after that?!"

"Leafy you're scaring me..."

"Wh- I'm scaring you? Wanna know what's really scary, Firey? That while we're trapped in this school, it's either kill or be killed!! I don't even know if I'm gonna make it till tomorrow!!!"

"H-hey Leafy don't say that... Icy wouldn't want you to act like this, so let's just go and-"

"Icy is DEAD! What she wants now doesn't matter because she's gone! Gone forever, Firey!" As I said that, it finally hit me. Icy wasn't hiding anywhere, or it wasn't like I couldn't find her. She was dead. Gone. And I'll never be able to see her again.

"I-I....sorry....I just..." Firey was slightly shaking and fidgeting with his fingers. "I-I don't know it's just...you were probably the only bit of hope I had in this place. You were so optimistic, and that helped me believe, even just a little, that there was a way to escape this place unharmed. S-sorry for being so inconsiderate of your feelings. Don't go to the cafeteria if you don't want to." Firey removed his foot from my doorway and turned to walk away.

"Wait, Firey!" He turned to face towards me. "I'm...sorry. I-I don't know what came over me. I'm just so stressed and scared right now and I'm so mentally drained and I just miss Icy so much and-!"

"Woah woah woah calm down," Firey flailed his arms around and took a deep breath, "Look, don't worry about it, 'kay? I get it." He gave me a reassuring smile and I gave him a meek smile in return.

"Thanks Firey. I'll try to join you guys, just...let me take a shower and fix myself up. I wanna look at least a little presentable," I say with a chuckle. Firey chuckled back. "Oh, also, you'll make anyyyything im craving?"

"Yup! What're you in the mood for Leafy?"

"Ummmm....." I ponder for a bit, resting my pointer finger on my mouth. "Oh! I want some cake pleaseee!"

"Wha- cake?! In the morning?!" Firey jumped, taken aback by the sudden request. "Well, when I said that I meant like, breakfast food! And a cake takes a while to make and I have to make food for the others too!"

"Well you did say anyyyyything I was craving-"

"Alright alright I'll make your cake! You're helping me make it though! I'll ask Pin if she wants to help too since I know she's quite the baker..." Firey tapped his foot on the floor and sighed, crossing his arms. "What cake would you like?"

"Yoylecake please~!"

"Ok ok fine!" Firey said in slight annoyance followed by laughter. "I'll meet you there?"

"Yup! Thanks Firey!" I flashed him a smile and closed my door.