Prologue Part 2

I fluttered my heavy eyes open, rubbing my eyes to get the sleep out of my system.  Feeling a small puddle of water, I looked down, being met with a wooden desk covered in my sticky saliva.  Being curious, I looked around my surroundings.  What caught my attention were slabs of metal attached to something that was square shaped.  A window perhaps? Getting up from the small desk, I saw a wrinkled piece of paper on the floor with a splatter of colors.  Picking it up, the colors appeared to be words with a child-like drawing scribbled in crayon.

'All students, meet in the gym immediately!'

"How straightforward."  I mumble, not expecting to hear a reply.  Shoving the paper into my jean pocket, I head out the door.

I was greeted with an unusual pink hallway, not the type of hallway you would expect to see at a school.  I walked along the halls, mysterious objects and many doors catching my attention as I tried to look for the gym.  I stopped as I came across big doors, a sign reading 'gym' was visible near the doors.

As I opened the doors I was hit with a sudden wave of chatter that disintegrated as I walked in. 

"There's another person?"

"How much people are there now?"

"17, 18, 19...20.  I guess that seems like a reasonable number of students, well, for a class at least, but there doesn't seem to be anymore students."  A petite girl with a gray bob said.  Walking over to me, she pushed her oversized glasses towards her face.  "So, tell me, who are you."

"Don't be bossy BossyBot."  A guy with white hair said, a face that displayed annoyance spread across his face.

"Shush!  To make you a little more comfortable with introducing yourself, let me tell you who I am."

"Um, ok..."

"I am Golfball Putts, Ultimate  Mathematician.  I hope to get along with you.  Your turn."

"Ah um, I-I'm Leafy Greens, Ultimate Lucky Student.  Nice to meet you Golfball." 

"Hmph!  Go introduce yourself to everyone Leafy.  I will be investigating and talking to everyone else for a bit more.  I need to find out more about this place, so don't interrupt me."  GB turned away, her bob bouncing ever-so slightly. 

"Tch, how bossy can she get?"  The same white-haired boy said, leaning against the gym wall, his white jacket swallowing him up as he did so.

"I don't really think it's all too bad.  She seems genuinely curious about this place and everyone here, her bossiness shows it," I replied, giving a small smile to hopefully lighten the boy's mood.

"Whatever.  Want me to introduce myself like Ms. BossyBot told us to?"

"Um, yeah, sure."  I half-mumbled, scared by the boy's cold stare. 

"I'm Snowball Flakes, Ultimate Skier.  There, you've heard it."  Snowball half-heartedly replied, playing with the baby blue hoodie that rested atop his head.  I decided I didn't want to hang out with this guy any longer.  I tried backing away until I heard a voice.

"Oh!  Hey new girl!"  Turning around I saw two boys.  A tall boy with a cheery aura waved towards my direction, his smile making me fill with joy.  "You're Leafy, right."

"Yeah, that's me."

"Nice to meet ya Leafy!  I'm Pen Ink, Ultimate Doodler!"  Pen greeted me, taking off his blue baseball cap that revealed his light blonde hair.  He slightly bowed, putting his hat back on right after.  "This here is Eraser.  Say hi Eraser!"

"Hi Eraser."

"Eraser!"

"Ugh, hi Leafy.  I'm Eraser Rubb, Ultimate Basketball Player."  Eraser let out a lazy smile as he waved his hand towards me. I felt a bit stunned by the pink-haired boy's short height. How can he be the Ultimate Basketball Player? He's so small!

"Don't question my height. I can tell you're doing that by the way you're looking at me. Just because I'm short doesn't mean I'm not good at basketball." Eraser nonchalantly stated, his lazy stare telling me to go away.

"Eraser don't give her that stare! Sorry 'bout that Leafy. Promise he isn't as rude as he seems!"

"It's ok. I guess anyone would be pretty annoyed if someone called them small. I'm assuming you get called small a lot, huh Eraser?" Eraser nodded, a small smile coming right after. "Well, it was nice talking to you two! I'm going to go meet everyone else!"

Scanning the room, I saw a beige-haired boy shaking with fear. Makes sense, waking up in an unfamiliar setting sure is frightening. "Hello? Are you ok? You seem really scared.."

"Ah, erm...I-I'm sorry!"

"There's nothing to be sorry about. Mind telling me why you're scared?"

The boy in the button-up blouse looked around, beads of sweat rolling down his face. "D-Did you wake up in a classroom too? No one said anything about them waking up in a classroom, s-so I kinda thought that only happened to me..."

"Yeah, I woke up in a classroom too."

"Ah, thank goodness! I thought that was a bit weird, so I was surprised no one brought it up. A-ah! S-sorry. I bet you wanna know who I am. I-I'm Woody Balsa, Ultimate Architect."  Woody gave me a shy smile, fidgeting with his fingers as he stared at the ground.  "W-wow."

"Wow?"

"I-I don't think I've talked to someone that much before..."

"You haven't?  How come?"

"Ah, you see, I-I'm really shy. I don't really like to talk, nor am I good at it. I'm also not popular, s-so people don't come up to me to talk."

Placing my hand on Woody's shoulder,
I gave a reassuring smile, "It's alright if you don't have to courage to talk to anyone, but if you do feel like talking to someone, just know that I'm right here for you (I kinda like WoodLeaf so expect some of it)."

Woody gave a small smile of comfort, "Thank you Leafy.  You're really nice."

Waving goodbye to the beige-haired boy, I went off to look for someone to meet.

----------------------------------------------

The second chapter of the prologue is done!!  Woohoo!  Also, if you were confused as to why everyone knew Leafy's name, it's because when she was introducing herself to GB everyone heard.  Ok, that's it, byyee!