Chapter 1f: Investigation

"Now now students!"

Monospeaker flailed a set of robotic arms that suddenly came out of him, grabbing everyone's attention. "Well, to make this easier for you guys, I'll be giving you all a little present to help you through the trial!" Using his weird robotic hands, he passed around what seemed to be a phone of some sorts. On the screen there was a silhouette of what looked like Eraser. "Take a look at the Monospeaker file!!"

Victim: Eraser Rubb

Time of death: 1:07 am

Cause of death: unknown

The victim was killed in the weight room. The cause of death and any injuries are unknown

"What the hell are we gonna do with this?!" Snowball angrily shoved the Monospeaker file into his pocket and began pouting like a child.

"At least we learned where the murder took place and what time it took place," Spongy slightly mumbled, rubbing the back of his head in nervousness

"We, like, already knew it took place in here! And I like, think we also already knew it like, happened at nighttime! This is like totes useless!"

Mummers of agreement filled the room as everyone angrily discussed.

"A-at least w-we now know for sure what happened. W-we should be grateful we got any information a-at all.." Woody said to himself, looking at the Monospeaker file once more. I slightly hummed in acknowledgement, but I'm not sure if anyone heard.

"W-well then......I say we start....investigating..." Pin mumbled. The excitement and confidence in Pin's voice was nowhere to be heard. I guess even a leader like her can't handle something like this.

"Agreed. Doing nothing but sulking isn't going to help us. We need to investigate, not only to save our lives...but to avenge Eraser!! We will find the culprit!" I exclaimed, slight determination in my voice. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Icy give me a small smile.

Investigation START

"Where to look first where to look first..." My eyes landed on the body sprawled out on the floor, endless amounts of blood surrounding it. I covered my mouth and looked around the room, avoiding the body at all costs.

My eyes soon landed on a small dumbbell on the floor, just a few feet away from Eraser's corpse. I headed over to the dumbbell to investigate it.

As I reached the dumbbell on the floor, the first thing I noticed was the blood on one of the weights. I tried to pick the dumbbell up, but I struggled to do so. "How is a dumbbell this small so heavy?" Even though in the end I managed to pick it up, I did struggle quite a bit.
Judging based on the blood, I assumed this would be the murder weapon, but how did the killer use it? Did they throw the dumbbell at Eraser, or did they just bash him in the head with the dumbbell still in hand? I put the heavy object back on the floor, noticing its hexagonal shape. Because of its shape, there were some sharp corners on the dumbbell. I slightly touched it with my finger, and it was surprisingly sharp.

I took a closer look at the blood, but something seemed a bit...off. The blood wasn't splattered on the weight of the dumbbell, but it looked as if it the dumbbell was dipped in blood. Did the dumbbell fall in Erasers blood after he died? I wonder if this means something...