Chapter 1c: Regretful Disapproval Of My Self Image

I stood in front of Teardrop's door, silently waiting for a response as I fidget with my fingers.  The door opens, revealing a smiling Teardrop.  With a fountain pen in her hand and a notepad in the other, she gently scribbles onto the notepad.  'Hello Leafy. What brings you here?'

"I just wanted to talk is all," I reassured. "If you don't mind that is."
Teardrop shook her head, giving me a small smile. She opened her door wider, signaling me to come in. As soon as I came in, I was hit with a view of a beach on the wall. It was beautiful, the ocean almost looking real and oddly soothing with its different splotches of blue. Small droplets of blue interfered with others, making me put a finger to my mouth in a bit of shock. "Did you just paint this TD?"

Teardrop's smile grew bigger as she furiously scribbled some more things into her baby blue notepad. 'Yes I did. I am very proud of it, even thought it's not fully dried yet.  It makes me feel comfortable, and like I am on the beach ready to swim. Water and swimming in general just make me feel safe'. Teardrops eyes drooped down a little, her smile still clear on her face.

"Do you...miss the beach?"

'A lot' Teardrop wrote in her notepad. Her smile soon dimmed down, revealing her immense sadness.  'I miss the ocean and swimming, and especially studying fish and sea creatures.  They make me feel...welcomed, I guess'.

"Say..."  I grabbed Teardrops attention, her once drooped eyes staring at me, brimmed with curiosity.  "Do you have any friends?  N-not to be rude or anything...you don't have to answer it if you don't want."

Teardrops face became a bright shade of red, a mass difference from her pale-white face.  She looked down at the floor, her usually calm expression was an unreadable jumbled mess.  Still looking at the floor with sheer embarrassment, she slowly shook her head from side-to-side, covering her red face.

"H-hey!  It's ok.  I don't have much friends either....Is that why you like studying fish...?

Pulling out her notepad, she scribbled down some more stuff.  'Yeah.  I find it quite embarrassing, so I usually make up a lie.  Now I just feel guilty.  I have even lied to you.'

"What did you lie to me about?  I'll forgive you no matter what!"

'Well,  I lied about my reason for studying angler fish.  I like to study them not because they're cool, but because they remind me of myself.  They're in a dark abyss, far away from others, all...lonely.  The females shine their light, trying to find prey or mates.  I'm shining my light, but....I can't seem to find anything.  I can't seem to find anyone.  I'm stuck in this dark place, just hoping and trying, but...I can't.  I want a friend more then anything.  I don't want fish to fill in that empty void, even thought I love them so much.  I want a real friend, someone I can joke around with, someone that will lift me up when I'm down.  I just want someone.'

"Teardrop..."  I handed Teardrop her notepad back, offering her a small smile as I ruffled her hair.  "If you would like, I can be your friend.  I may not be the bestest friend out there, but, I'll try to be. I genuinely do want to be your friend. I want to get to know you, spend time with you, and have happy times with you. So...hopefully you would be ok with that."  Teardrop looked up at me once more, a smile forming on her face.  I felt a sudden warmness hit me as I felt a pair of hands wrap around me. I looked down, seeing Teardrop loosely squeeze me, streams of tears fell from her eyes. I swiftly wiped them away, as I returned the hug.

Teardrop Waves' Collected Hope Fragments: 1/5

----------------------------------------------

"S-stay back!!!  I-I won't hesitate!!  You....monster!

.........

Gently....and....