Prologue Part 4

"Hello!" I greeted, my light voice turning the head of a blonde male.

"Oh..hlo," responded the blonde-haired male, his voice sounding almost muffled.

"Pardon?"

"Ah, sorry...my voice always sounds incomprehensible."

"Oh no no it's ok! Don't worry! It's not too bad."  I informed, getting a smile smile in return.  "Oh!  I'm Leafy Greens, Ultimate Lucky Student. I know, my talent is lame..."

"Not as lame compared to mine. I'm Spongy Cellulose, Ultimate Cleaner.."  Ultimate Cleaner?  I don't see how cleaning can be a talent, it's something anyone can do.  Picking up the confusion I was sending his way, he cleared up my confusion, "I guess I got my ultimate talent because I move swiftly and effortlessly, though I feel kind of offended that cleaning is the only thing I'm recognized for doing."

"Why?  Is it an insult to you?  Plus, you're still an Ultimate, that should be worth something, right?"

"Would you want your talent to be cleaning?  I'm kinda sad that's my talent, I'd rather have it be like, singing or something."

"Ah, you can sing?  Can you sing for me?"

Spongy's face flushed a light red, his fingers intertwining.  "Well, I like it, but I wouldn't really consider myself to be good at it, I don't think you would find it good either."

"I'm pretty sure your voice is beautiful!  Don't be so doubtful!  If you don't want to sing to me, I won't force you, but I hope one day when you become proud of your voice you can sing to me!"

Spongy gave me a smile, his red cheeks darkening.  "Hopefully that will happen."

I waved to Spongy as I headed towards a blue-haired girl.  "Hello!  I'm L-"

The petite girl put a finger to my lips before fiercely scribbling down something on a notepad.  Lifting her notepad, it read, 'yes, Leafy, I know.  I'm Teardrop Waves, but please call me TD. I'm the Ultimate Marine Biologist.  Pleasure to meet you.' Teardrop put her notepad down, a welcoming smile standing out from her emotionless eyes.

"Woah, you're a marine biologist?!  Cool!  Do you like, go diving underwater and wear those weird web-y thing on your feet?"  a swift nod was the response I got.  "Cool!!!  What's your favorite sea creature to study?"

Teardrop wrote in her notepad once more, 'I like angler fish, even though they're much harder to study (fun fact my favorite animal is the angler fish!!  That's literally the only reason why TD likes to study angler fish more lel).'

"Oh!  Angler fish are kinda scary though...but I guess they're cool in a way.  Why exactly do you like them though?"

'I find them cool.  Do you know a male angler fish fuses with a female angler fish to mate with her?'

"Woah, really?!  That's awesome!  You must have the best job out there."  TD smiled before writing something else in her notepad.

'It sure is.'

"Say, why aren't you directly talking to me instead of writing in a notepad?  Can you not talk?"  TD nodded, her eyes saddening.  "Oh, I'm sorry."

' It's fine Leafy.  Run along now, there are still people you need to meet.' TD gave me one last smile before I headed to off.