Chapter 1e: Body Discovery

Eraser Rubb, the Ultimate Basketball Player, lay dead in front of us.

Ding dong ding dong

"A body has been discovered! Everyone please gather in the weight room! After a certain amount of time, which you may use however you like, the class trial will begin!"

I instinctively covered my hand over my mouth, vomit threatening to spill out.

This is.....not real

There's no way

No way that....Eraser's...

I turned to look at Pen, who was titling his hat down to cover his eyes. Based on the sobs escaping his mouth and the countless tears wetting the floor, It didn't take a genius to figure out he was truly devastated.

But who wouldn't be? Someone did this to our friend..

But who..?

"P-pen, it'll be okay...!" I reluctantly placed my hand on his back, moving my hand in a way that could hopefully comfort him. "W-we got to stay positive!"  Instead, the sobs escaping his mouth became louder.

"How can I stay positive! He's dead!"

Dead...

When Pen said that it finally hit me. The reality of our situation, the corpse in front of this, I didn't want to believe it. I didn't want to believe Eraser was dead. Gone forever. No amount of tears or prayers could bring him back.

".....huh..." Icy held onto my arm, gripping it tighter than usual. Her pale face managed to become even paler to the point where it looked unreal.

"Haha, that stupid speaker box is probably just playing a prank on us! No way someone's de-" Everyone else was walking into the weight room, Blocky leading them all in. His smile quickly disappeared as he saw the corpse in front of us. A nervous chuckle escaped his lips. ".......h-hey.....what the hell?! H-how does the speaker box get a fake body that looks like Eraser...a lot like Eras-"

"IT'S NOT FAKE!! HE'S DEAD! ERASER'S DEAD!!" Pen swiftly turned around to face Blocky, his eyes red and full of tears. "He's dead...and that dumb robot probably killed him!!"

"I killed him? I find that incredibly offensive!"

Monospeaker popped out of nowhere, further startling everyone in the room

"The one who killed him is one of you guys! Someone in this very room took poor Eraser's life!!"

The room became unnervingly quiet. We all looked at each other, growing wary of the people around us. At this very moment, we realized, all the fun we had together, all the laughs we shared, it was all meaningless.

Because that's when we truly realized, we couldn't trust anyone.