2. jobs

1.5 yrs
Psalm

"Dr.Montgomery, you're needed in operatory twelve."

"Fuck." Psalm sighs out from his desk where he was trying his best to get a few minutes of shut eye. He was on hour 16 of a 24 hour shift and about ready to lose his mind soon. "I don't know why I sign up for this stupid shit." He says to himself as he pulls the covenant white coat over his shoulders. Psalm rubs his tired eyes and takes a quick five hour energy shot before opening his office door and stepping out into the quiet halls of the hospital.

At only 32 years old Psalm had managed to become one of the top surgeons in the Denver area. He had worked hard day in and day out for that spot, and he was close to making hundreds or thousands a year at this point. No matter how tired he was, Psalm wasn't going to stop until he reached his goals.

"Um... good morning doctor." His head nurse Rochelle says as she steps right in sync with him. "You have that ASD scheduled. I don't know why you picked 2 a.m to do it, but here we are."

"I work better in the early hours of the morning." Psalm responds while flipping through the patients chart.

"Or, you forgot and squeezed him in last minute. That one sounds a little more believable."

Psalm pauses in his steps and shakes his head at Rochelle. She stood with her arms folded across her chest with a know it all look on her face. He hands her the chart back and grabs a mask and gloves once they enter the operating room.

"You always talking shit." Psalm continues their previous conversation. Rochelle chuckles while tying up his mask and apron for him. "I should fire you."

"Please. You couldn't get rid of me even if you wanted to. Nobody does this job like I do. And..." she pauses to stand back up straight. "No one wants to put up with your moody ass but me."

"I ain't moody. People just don't do things the way I like them done... I guess only you can do that huh?"

"Shh. Let's keep it professional now doctor." Rochelle winks before stepping aside to let Psalm do his job.

Psalm chuckles and nods. Many times Rochelle would turn him down but he was persistent, one day he would be able to get in her pants like he had done to many other women at the hospital. After working together for a little over a year he had only managed to get a drunk kiss out of her. One day, she would give him more. It was safe to say that after his breakup with Priya, he had sworn off love for the moment and kept his focus on work and getting sex whenever he could with the little free time he had.

Looking away from Rochelle he bites into his cheek and cracks his neck to try and relax. Something he did often before surgery.
He looks down at the sedated patient and request to have the lighting adjusted. Rochelle steps across from him, ready to assist when needed.

"Let's get this over with." Psalm grabs the scalpel and gets to work.

"Are you heading home?" Rochelle ask as she leans against the door of Psalm's office.

"Mhmm." He says blandly. Comepltely exhausted and ready for a shower and his bed, most of his personality was nonexsistent at the moment.

"I was wondering if I could... maybe." Rochelle begins while twirling her hair.

"Yeah." Psalm grabs his briefcase and turns around removing his glasses from his eyes. "Let's go."

As the two of them walk through the halls of the hospital Rochelle ignores the nasty stares and glares she received from other employees. Even though she and Psalm had nothing psychical going on, Rochelle enjoyed them thinking she was dealing with him just to make the women jealous. Psalm on the other hand hated how she fed into the fantasy, bringing him unnecessary drama and questioning from the other women.