27. halo

Psalm

Psalm sighs and gives a slight eye roll as he holds the door open for his mother to enter

Psalm sighs and gives a slight eye roll as he holds the door open for his mother to enter. She doesn't speak to him as she strolls inside his home with a plate of home cooked food and water for Psalm. Although she was extremely disappointed in what he had done and how he'd been behaving, he was still her son.

"Psalm D'Andre Montgomery..." India begins as she finally reaches his kitchen. "You're lucky your brother isn't pressing charges!"

"Ma... don't start. I don't wanna hear that shit for real."

"What your mouth!" India snaps. "I am not Saint and I'm not one of those whores you choose to spend your time with instead of trying to settle down with Kataya."

"Oh, so now you're team Kataya." Psalm chuckles. "Not long ago you were begging me to reconnect with Priya. That's why she got invited to that party that night. Or did you forget that?"

"I admit... I wasn't open to giving Kataya a chance." India replies lowly. "I've gotten to know her over the last nine months while she's been carrying my grandchild and she's wonderful. I thought you would be smart enough to see that."

Psalm waves India off as she continues to scold him for what he had done to not only Kataya but now to his brother as well. Their fighting had escalated from just physical to now dangerous thanks to Psalm and his carelessness. He didn't know what was wrong with him, never had he imagined really harming his twin brother. Seeing him get what he felt was rightfully his had Psalm seeing red, unable to control himself and emotions.

"I wasn't going to hurt Saint." Psalm says. "I-I just needed to prove a point."

"What point is that?! He and Kataya are together moving forward, stop trying to come between them."

"I can't promise ima be able to do that." Psalm replies honestly while warming up his meal. "I love that woman mama... so much. I made a mistake and just wanna show her how sorry I am... I'm a good man, I just fucked up. I'm not deserving of a second chance?" Psalm says his voice cracking slightly as he did his best to explain how he felt and why he did what he did.

"Give her the time and space she deserves to heal. Allow her to miss you without fear and maybe one day she will come around. But since the two of you broke up you've been going nonstop. Let Kataya breath, enjoy her child with Saint. And If at the end of it all she still decides to be with Saint and only Saint, you need to be an adult and accept that."

Psalm shakes his head slowly while beginning to eat. He'd heard the words his wise mother spoke but once again he wasn't trying to listen to anything that went against what he wanted.

In his mind, nothing mattered but getting Kataya to himself.

"Promise me you'll take some time to yourself. Stop working so much, spreading yourself thin and allow your mind to rest and your heart to heal. It's okay to not be okay son."