32. back to the streetz

Kataya

"Put my new man on a leash, traded in my old nigga he was just a lease

"Put my new man on a leash, traded in my old nigga he was just a lease." Kataya raps out loud as she puts on her crystal chandelier earrings. She steps back and looks at her freshly done finger waves nodding slowly as she continues to rap out loud to the instrumental playing. "I gave that boy a round spin him back to the streets!"

"Lies." Yaya interrupts while tossing Kataya the mini bottle of Tito's Vodka. "You don't have a new man. And ya old Nigga was not a lease. Your ass been sad and in the bed up until twenty hours again. Shut up."

"You sure know how to kill a bitch fantasy Yaya. You lowkey my biggest hater."

"Why you think I be so tired even though I'm unemployed right now?"

"Because being a hater is a full time job." The two of them say in unison.

Kataya can't help but to let out a loud laugh as he cousin begins to freestyle to the beat that was still playing through her Bose Bluetooth speaker. She opens the mini bottle of liquor and tosses it back before throwing it away. Standing to her feet once she's satisfied with her hair and makeup she gathers up her makeup brushes and products unpacking them from her customized baby pink makeup bag. Kataya takes a few minutes to set up her ring light and iPhone to shoot her makeup client for the day.

Since her breakup with both twins, she'd began working again. Not that she needed to since Saint still went out of his way to make sure she was comfortble, but Kataya was a journey of exploring who she was as a woman, mother and newly single woman.

Self realization came rather quickly once she ended things. Kataya had never actually been a single and independent woman. She met Marz in her early twenties and not long after things ended with him, she met Saint and then Psalm. Ending her engagement made her sad but she also was beginning to enjoy being free from the drama her relationships brought her.

"You looking good though. Lost a little more baby weight, the titties are sitting, waist snatched and ass is perfect as usual. I know they crying themselves to sleep at night." Yaya jokes.

"Girl maybe Saint is. But I haven't heard a peep from the other one since I left his house that night."

"A good thing since he couldn't seem to stay away before you put your foot down."

"Yeah... I guess so." Kataya shrugs. She was happy to not have heard from Psalm, but also couldn't help but wonder why he had stopped all pursuits only after she ended things with Saint as well. "You don't think it's weird though?"

"No ma'am. Don't start thinking about him too much." Yaya snaps. "It's over and this is what you wanted right?"

"Mhm. I guess so.. but hear me out one last time and I promise to shut up."

"Oh my Gawd. Go ahead! Quickly!"

"Okay, he wants me so bad when I'm with Saint. Like it's eating him alive and now that I've told him I'm done with Saint it's crickets. That's not suspicious?"