11. yours, mine & ours

Kataya

"You keep looking over here

"You keep looking over here. Did you need something?" Kataya questions rudely to Saint who had been staring on and off since they got into his vehicle.

"Them glasses not prescription...."

"So?"

"So, why the hell you wearing em?" He ask with a raised brow.

Kataya locks her phone and looks over at the side of Saints face, appalled that he was still questioning her fashion choices.

"You've had something to say about every outfit I put on this morning. Sounds like you're hating." She asserts while readjusting the glasses on her face.

"What exactly am I hating on beautiful?"

"The fact that you can't pull a look like this off so effortlessly. I mean.... We can't all be one of God's favorite."

Saint chuckles to himself deciding not to reply to Kataya verbally. His hand reaches over and he grips her thigh firmly making Kataya slowly move his hand away in response.

"You good?"

"Mhm. Just fine."

"Did I do something? You don't want me touching you and you barely spoke to me last night... if there's an issue speak up and we'll fix it."

Kataya sighs and shrugs. She wanted to confront him about what Paris had said but there had been too many things going on in such a short amount of time for her to find the words she was looking for. Confused and overwhelmed Kataya looks out of the window wondering if she even had the right to be upset. Saint wasn't her man, they had only been out once and even though he and Psalm were making her feel welcomed and loved, nothing was official.

Kataya knew just as well as anybody that feelings change like the weather. Who knew if they would even want to speak to her next week? Or if she would even want to speak to them?

"Kataya." Saint says firmly when she doesn't respond to him. "You hear me?"

"I hear you. I just don't have anything to say right now."

"Right now? So you did have something you wanted to say to me?"

"No... it's fine." Kataya mumbles.

"Don't shut me out.. Let me know what I did if I did something so we can keep moving forward. Unless... you not interested in moving forward with me anymore."

"Saint, I don't know. I have a lot to figure out and not a lot of time to do so. Just give me some a little space to figure some stuff out."

"How much time do you need?" Saint ask as he parks his car in her grandmothers driveway. "Just let me know now if I'm wasting my time and I'll remove myself. For real." Defensive and completely dismissive of her current feelings and state, Kataya cuts her eyes and Saint.