31. figured it out

Kataya & Psalm

"So, go ahead and tell me what you came here to talk about Kat." Psalm finally speaks after Kataya went silent. She'd come inside his home confident and ready to speak her mind but had lost her voice once Psalm was comfortably seated in front of her. Kataya sighs and removes her black bubble Moncler coat trying to cool off and calm her nerves as he eyed her, knowingly. He leans forward in his seat, his eyes still stuck on her's as he speaks again, since Kataya still hadn't spoken. "Kataya... Speak."

"Give me a second." Kataya replies. She bites into the inside of her cheek nervously. Regret filled her heart as she sat in front of the man she couldn't seem to shake no matter how hard she tried. "I shouldn't have come here... But, I might as well say what I have to say."

"Waiting.."

"Like I said, Saint put our wedding on hold."

"Why?"

"Because... I asked him if.." She begins before stumbling over her words. "I asked him if he would allow you to come back into our relationship."

Psalm chuckles loudly while shaking his head. He sits back into his seat and removes the coat her had been wearing, something was telling him he and Kataya would be speaking longer than previously anticipated. His ego had been bruised the moment Kataya wouldn't let him back into her life after he'd done wrong, and now it was being stroked seeing her sitting in front of him admitting to him that she couldn't seem to get over him. Even though she had Saint, who he thought gave her everything she'd ever wanted.

"You being real with me right now Kataya? Like, you risking everything you got with my brother because you can't get over me?"

"That's not exactly what I'm saying. I can't sit and pretend that I don't still have feelings for you... It's not realistic. Both you and Saint think my feelings can be turned on and off just because the two of you are at odds with one another."

"Who the fuck is asking you to do that? The only person being unrealistic here is Saint..." Psalm shrugs. "I been knew. The moment you and I were alone and kissed it confirmed to me that the feelings were still there. He the one that wants you to fucking act like we weren't all in that relationship together." Psalm says with a slight bass in his voice. He wasn't upset at Kataya, but Saint acting as if he didn't understand where Kataya was coming from was.

"I wish.. I wish we never did this together." Kataya mumbles. "Me being with the both of you was a mistake and I hate that I'm just now seeing it."

"You can wish all you want to Kataya. It happened, now we gotta deal with the fallout. Either you gone keep going and work through it or..."

Kataya nods while fiddling with her dark nails. She looks up at Psalm who still had his eyes still on her, his strong tattooed hang reaches over and gently grips her thigh. A soft smile spreads across his face, comforting her as she quickly wipes away.

"Don't be in here crying. You know I hate that shit..." Psalm says. "Tell me exactly what it is that you want. Even if it ain't me."

"I just wanna be happy P... That's all. This going back and forth is not making me happy... it never has and I'm starting to realize it never will."

Only a short two days had passed since she and Saint had their spat and Kataya had made sure to take some time away and really think about what and who she wanted. She was young, now a young mother and had a vision of what she wanted her life to look like. And going back and forth between men wasn't what she wanted to do for the rest of her life.

" Who you choosing then ma?"

"No one."

Twelve Hours earlier.