10. i gotchu

Psalm

"He a whole bitch for this shit

"He a whole bitch for this shit." Psalm says as he looks around Kataya's ruined apartment. "He always been like this? Crazy acting and shit?"

Kataya only nods as she sat on her knees shuffling through the clothes she had left that were thrown all over her closet floor. Psalm sighs hearing Kataya sniffle. Seeing her cry was only fueling the fire of anger that burned inside of him. He hadn't know Kataya all that long, but he did care for her. Anybody that hurt her, would have to see him and Saint about it from now on.

"Aye... don't cry mama. We gone take you out and get you all new shit. Anything you ever dreamed of having me and my brother will get you."

"It-it's not about the stuff Psalm.... I feel so violated. Like..." she pauses to wipe a few tears away. "Why won't he leave me alone? Why does this fucked up stuff keep happening to me? I don't bother anybody."

"Look... I don't have the answers for that. Things are going to get better." Psalm responds while leaning down to place his hand on her back. "Ima handle it. I meant what I said about you deserving to only be worried about how much money you gone be spending daily. Nothing else."

Kataya bites back a smile while continuing to look down at her things. Psalm felt some sort of relief knowing he had made her smile even just a little bit during this time.

"What you wanna do right now?"

"I don't know... ima just grab a few things and file a police report tomorrow. I'm tired..."

"Understandable. You going back to yo grandma house? You're more than welcome to stay with me.... Or my lane ass brother but I'm sure you would have more fun with me, just saying."

Kataya giggles and waves him off as she stands to her feet again. He wraps his arms around her and can feel her melt in his arms. The feelings were developing quicker than he could keep up with, he just wondered if it was just lust or a little more than that. Psalm kisses her forehead and allows her to continue going through the things she had left. Hearing some movement in the front of the apartment Psalm stands up straight and fearlessly walks to the front ready to beat Marz into a coma if he had decided to return.

"Damn nigga you can't knock?" Psalm says as he comes face to face with Saint. "Almost got shot, fucking around."

"Knock on what bitch? Look at the door." Saint responds while pointing at the door basically laying on the ground in front of him.

"Oh yeah." Psalm chuckles.

"Where she at?"

"In the back... she real tore up about him coming in here like that. Had her crying and everything."

"Damn... What she planning on doing now? I know she been staying with my grandma, it was only temporary though."

"I ain't sure to be real." Psalm shrugs. "I just know she can't come back here."