Chapter-26

[Author's POV]

Coming out of the bathroom, Arima sat on the bed after taking a warm bath. A deep sigh left her lips looking around the room, in which she was staying alone for the last week.

She had been feeling better now, as her wounds had nearly healed. It was hard for her to walk for a few days starting because of her ankle injury, but it's better. 

She had not seen him in the whole week, or after he had left her in the room bringing her back from that place.

Ordering the maids to take care of her fully, he just vanished somewhere, and then she had not seen him. 

Not even in the night, he was there with her. She was all alone for the whole week. And that thing is really messing with her mind.

It was unusual for him to behave like this. It's not him. He's the kind of man who would every day say after coming back from the office that he missed her, even after a few hours.

Then how come he can leave her alone like this? For a moment, she thought that he had planned to hurt those men after he declared their death, for which he was going to be responsible.

But, then he and his father's last conversation came into her mind that they had on that day. 

Whatever the reason is, she wants the answers today and from him, too. With the final thought, she came out of the room and walked through the corridor finding Marcus.

Not Andrius, then his most trusted man will give her answer. Coming downstairs, she found him in the living room.

"Marcus." She called him catching his attention when he was busy on the call. He instantly cut the call and bowed to her.

"Madam." Bowing to her, he stood straight with a blank face.

"Where is your boss?" Arima straight asked him making him a little tensed.

"Madam, he... he..." He was already forbidden to tell her and she was asking him the same question again and again for the last one week. 

"Tell me where is he." Hearing his same incomplete words, she finally ordered him in a serious cold tone, instead of asking him calmly.

Although they don't behave rudely, it's just her who does not use her authority as the madam of the house on them like this. She always talks with them calmly and softly.

But, Andrius's sudden absence was irritating her now. This is unusual for him to behave like this.

Hearing her order, Marcus had no choice now, but to tell her where Andrius is. He was a little hesitant at first.

"He has ordered me not to let you know. He'll come back on his own." Arima left a frustrated sigh on her lips, hearing the same words again.

"Take me to him." She ordered him again not wanting to get into any unwanted argument with him.

"But, madam..." She cut in between his argument and said. 

"I said take me to him." Marcus looked down knowing that he can't disobey her now.

He then led her to the most unvisited area of the mansion. The top floor of the left wing of the mansion is the area where she had never been.

Marcus then led her in front of a door and said. "He's inside. Please be careful." Marcus said and then left the place, leaving her there alone.

The surroundings and silence were making her nervous, but she had to do this. She slowly held the handle of the door and pushed it opening it.

Entering the room, she found that it was a big bedroom, but it certainly did not look like a bedroom.