Chapter-39

[Author's POV]

The dark room was where some people were sitting and talking about something. Rowan sat in the table's head chair, his blank eyes looking somewhere but his mind was carefully listening to what the other council members were saying. 

"How long will we have to wait? We need to get started as soon as possible." Rowan closed his eyes as he heard the exact words from them again. They had been arguing about the same issue for a long time. 

"Not until we find them." Mavka slammed her palm against the table for the nth time and argued the same point. She was tired of telling them how important it was to kill them all at once, but they were all against her. 

"Oh, Mavka, come on. Do you believe they'd be alive? They must have died." Mavka focused on the man who had given this point from the start. 

"Do you have any evidence?" Mavka questioned him, her eyes darting toward him. That guy scoffed and rolled his eyes and said. 

"What more evidence do you require? It's fairly obvious." Mavka narrowed her eyes and said quietly. 

 "No, it isn't. We can't take any serious steps until we find their bodies. Otherwise, it will only become disastrous for us."

Mavka said her final words before she left the room, at an angry pace. Rowan kept staring at all of them with poker faces. 

Well, he was also agreeing with Mavka but, he had a different reason. He just wanted to torture him more, until he gets satisfied. 

Rowan came here after leaving the same boring room filled with the same arguments every day, but he hates coming here because he hates seeing his face, which had a totally unaffected expression on it like he doesn't have any effect if Rowan came there. No anger and no frustration.

Opening the door of the dark cell, he entered the cell, where only the sound of chains can be heard only. 

Chains which were capturing two guys, which were now the main topic of their arguments. Ignoring the other guy, Rowan approached the most important person in the room. 

"My respectful lord, it's been a while..." Rowan smirked, his gaze fixed on the messed-up man in front of him. 

Hands were chained to the walls using metal chains spelled with dark magic. Andrius's legs were also bound. The dried blood had stained the worn-out shirt that Andrius wore. Andrius was a complete mess. 

Rowan, on the other hand, is constantly astounded by his ability to maintain his cool in this chained situation. 

He'd never seen him become enraged or lash out at them, and none of them had ever attempted to flee this place. Andrius would remain silent in the face of any of their actions or provocative words.

"You're both chained here, and yet you both always mess with my mind." Rowan moved around him, while Andrius remained silent. 

"I'm having trouble deciding on an auspicious date for your death." Rowan told him as he finally stood behind Andrius and stabbed him in the back with a knife. 

Andrius didn't move an inch, but he exhaled and closed his eyes. Not only Rowan but also Andrius was sick of his cowardliness. 

He'd always stab him in the back. But, as usual, he chooses not to respond. Rowan drew the knife from his back and stared at the wound, which healed and vanished in an instant.

Rowan wonders how, if his healing power is this powerful even after being chained and confined in this spelled cell, he and Austin have never tried to flee. He simply cannot digest this.