Chapter-31

[Author's POV]

Hearing Arima's scream, Andrius ran in her direction. Turning to the side in the way, he bumped into her small body.

Andrius held her tightly looking in the direction of the thing which was scaring his wife. Seeing the familiar eagle coming in the direction of his wife, to prey on her as food, his jaw clenched.

Andrius wrapped one arm around her and the other one clutched the eagle with its neck, making it flap its wings to get free from his grip.

Andrius's glare darkened seeing how much Arima was shivering in fear, just because of this eagle. How can she not?

This eagle is the demonic messenger, who comes to every Demon Lord whenever someone challenges him for the demon lord battle.

And right now, Andrius is the current Demon Lord. This eagle had come here means, it's confirmed that someone had challenged him.

"Who is that person?" Andrius inquired to the eagle in a dark tone showing his dark eyes. Eagle stopped its struggle and kept calm.

"Syed Wright... Rowan Taylor..." That eagle replied in an abnormal tone, as Arima clutched Andrius's coat more tightly hearing him speak.

Andrius looked down at her shivering in fear. In a swift moment, that eagle burnt down, leaving only ashes.

"Butterfly..." His tone was now soft as he hugged her consoling her.

"It's fine. I'm here, don't be scared." His words were effective as he can see that they affected her. Her shivering slowly died down.

For a good amount of minutes, he stood there hugging her till he felt her moving away from his hold.

His hands were still around her, and he could feel that she was still scared because of that eagle. A glare was thrown at that eagle ashes scattered on the ground from him.

He was not meant to kill the messenger demon, it was the rule of demons. But did he care? Of course not.

That eagle died because he was the cause of the tears in the eyes of his Arima. And he can't let anyone live who was the cause of her tears.

He was damn furious realizing their date was spoiled, but now he had another matter to solve. He needs to put focus on the battle, with securing Arima.

The battle of Demon Lord

"Let's go back. I'll tell Sofia to make your dinner at home." Arima unconsciously nodded making him unsatisfied that she was still scared.

Why not? That eagle was undeniably ugly and scary to look and when he sees a human to eat, it becomes scarier.

The whole drive home, Andrius held her hand caressing, not wanting her to go deep into any scary thoughts.

Arima was looking outside the car with a tense expression. Andrius clutched his hands on the steering wheel angrily.

Even before the battle, he wanted to kill those two guys now. This silent and frightened self of Arima was not pleasant to him.

He finally stopped the car on the side of the empty road, making Arima look at him confused, yet he could see through her eyes that she had still not forgotten those useless things.

His hand came to her face caressing her softly, as Arima did not react and stayed calm. Andrius read every emotion in her eyes.

"Arima..." He called her making her look into him.

"You trust me, right? You trust my love that I won't let any harm come to you ever, right?" Andrius's tone held a promise in them. Arima slowly nodded shaking her head.