15

╔═══════════════╗
»Timeline : 2005 [Past]«
╚═══════════════╝

"Uhm, May. Is it okay if I want to know more about your biological family?"

May widened her eyes, surprised that the boy asked the question, yet at the same time, it didn't surprise her that much the fact that he would be curious about it. Chifuyu who thinks he might ask the question at the wrong timing, was about to apologise to the girl until May starts speaking up. "You know that I was actually adopted by the Tachibana's family right?" May asked. Chifuyu looks at her for a while to read the girl's face, nods his head in reply. "And yes, I did have a family before." May said.

"What... happened?" Chifuyu asked, making sure to read the atmosphere so he doesn't cross the line. May takes a deep breath before continuing. "Grewing up, I didn't have much memory about my family ever since my oarents spilt like when I was almost the age of two years old." May stated, without any emotions in her face but sadness can be hear clearly in her tone.

"Mom and I were just fine by ourselves here in Tokyo for almost a year, until things started to fell apart when my mother got ill, so we decided to move back in with my father. Her illness took over her and she only have a few weeks left. When I recall it back, I also realizes something... My father was never there for my mom even during her final moments here on earth because he was always busy with... other stuffs." Even though Chifuyu realizes that May kind of lagging at the last word, decided to let it slide through as he continues to listen to what the girl still have to say. "I also have a four year older brother." Chifuyu was surprised by the unexpected information, didn't expect that May have an older brother at all. "But." May's expression suddenly change to a more upset and somewhat angry expression. "My brother and I never have a good relationship in terms of siblings."

The sound of the rain pouring non stop can be hear clearly as Chifuyu looks at the girl sympatheticly. "I already knew at the gecko how much he despise me and I still wonder why. Still, he is similar like my father. After my mother's death, they would always lock me up in my bedroom, not allowing me to go anywhere except for school." May said, flashback overflowing back in her thoughts and tears starts building up in her eyes as May tries her best to hold it back. "Everyday, I felt imprisoned in my own house, living in fear and not knowing what to do." Clenching her hands tightly, May suddenly feel something warm on one of her hands, to see Chifuyu place his hand on top of hers.

"I'm sorry to hear that and for even asking about that. I know it must be painful for you to remember all of those, right?" The two exchanged glances for a while as May nods her head. "However." May look up to see Chifuyu gives her a warm smile. "At least you are now out of the darkness, right? Also, you got Hinata, Naoto, Mrs. Tachibana, Takemichi and also... me." May's eyes sparkled, she could feel heat on both of her cheeks as she nods her head again. "Yeah." May replied.

Even though I still might not 100% out from the darkness, yet having all of you guys is what matters right now and I should cherish them. Out of the blue, realization hits her. She looks back down on her hand that has Chifuyu's hand on it, starting to feel something funny in her stomach as she points it out to the boy. "Uhm, Chifuyu, how long are you gonna uhm..." May who is trying to point out what she is trying to state, made Chifuyu realise that he is holding the girl's hand even though it wasn't technically since he is just placing his hand on top of hers. He quickly pull his hands away as the two look away, hiding their blushing face as things are now back to being awkward again. May who didn't want things to get super awkward, she decided to change the topic by asking the boy instead.

"H-how about you? What about your parents?" May asked, since she only know about Baji who was his best friend and also Peke J, his pet cat. "Oh, I actually live with my mom right now, and my dad passed away when I was still a newborn baby." Chifuyu replied, "I'm sorry for your loss. I didn't knew you lose someone in your family too." May said, apologising to the boy who reassures that everything is fine. "Don't worry. Besides, you are the one who actually says that we have to keep on living for them no matter what, right? So I thank you for saying that because it was like a wake up call to me." He said, flashing his typical sweet smile to girl as May giggled. Not sure what's funny about it, Chifuyu asked what the girl was laughing about as May replies.