19

╔═══════════════╗
»Timeline : 2005 [Past]«
╚═══════════════╝

"Your brother?"

Chifuyu asked, still couldn't believe what he just heard. May nods her head. She clenches both of her hands into fists, also not wanting to believe that what she say to be the truth. "I saw the tattoo that the stalkers have on their hands, it looks quite similiar to my father's gang logo before but there's a slight difference in terms of design." May explained with a lower tone while on the hand, Chifuyu is trying to digest all the information he just received from the girl.

"Wait, your father is a leader of a gang?" Chifuyu asked, this shocked him the fact that May's family is also involved in a delinquent situation which he doesn't expects that at all. May quickly gestured her hand on her lips, telling him to keep it low as the boy apologises. "Was." May corrected the boy as she pursues. "My dad died when I started living with the Tachibana's, Hinata's father told me about his death since he kind of done some investigation a bit about my family." May said, not showing any expression at all as Chifuyu looks at her sympatheticly. "So I figured that my brother would be the one replacing his position. But, like I said, it might be just a coincidence about the design of the logos." May said, staring at her hands with her mind full of stuffs.

Silence filled up the air between them, only the sound of the people walking in and out the manga café and also chit-chatting can be heard. May who is sitting across Chifuyu the whole time, could feel something on top of her head as she looks up to see the boy flashes a warm yet comforting smile at her. He states. "You have been going through a lot lately. I feel sorry for making you tell me all of this, bringing up the past isn't something easy and I appreciate it." May could feel her heart skips a beat, feeling on cloud nine just by hearing from the boy's comforting words.

"In return, I promise that I will protect you no matter what." Chifuyu said, returning the flavour by promising her to protect her from any danger. But May on the other hand, doesn't feel quite right with the promise the boy just make with her as she starts to feel anxious. Protect me? I...

"May?" May quickly snaps back to reality, notice the boy is looking at her with a worried expression on his face. "Are you okay?" Chifuyu pursued. May shakes her head telling him that everything is alright as the boy smiles at her before heading back to work.

I promise that nothing bad is gonna happen to you, May.

~

The Toman's gathering area where they just have a meeting for ending the bloody halloween with Valhalla joining forces with Toman and also the selection of first division captain, which Chifuyu made the decision on choosing Takemichi to he the person he wants to follow. After the meeting, the two boys are walking together back home with the moonlight and street light shining down at them. Takemichi who noticed Chifuyu who is quite the whole time, decided to break the ice.

"Uhm, Chifuyu." Chifuyu turns his head to Takemichi who just mentioned his name. "You seem out of the ordinary today, is there something bothering you?" Takemichi started the conversation by asking straight to the point. Chifuyu stops his tracks, he look over at Takemichi who is worried about him, invites him to sit at the playground where they first met before the Vahalla incident happened as Chifuyu sat on one of the swing and starts talking. "It's just that, about May." Takemichi who sits on the other swing is surprised to hear Chifuyu mentioning May's name.

Takemichi is not quite sure what Chifuyu have in mind, yet he decided to help him out since he is his friend after all. "May? What's wrong?" Chifuyu looks down before starts explaning about the whole situation that he have went through with May for the pass few days, which shocked Takemichi who just acknowledged about the situation the two were in.