Chapter eight! When the dust settles

So that plan failed. I had been crouched down in the room, feeling like a determined little ninja when Harry snuck up and snatched the note out of my hands. He read it and then pulled out the one from the door that I had sat next to it to compare them. Harry glared down at me and I laughed nervously. "Eh heh-heh um... Hey there Hazza vas hapennin!" I laughed out while rubbing the back of my neck. He held out his hand without looking at me and pulled me up.

"What were you thinking?" He asked angrily.

"You know what I was thinking Harry." I said while looking down. He hadn't let go of my hand.

"Then I'm going with you, and so is security. I'm not going through your near death experience again. You can't argue your way out of it either." He said and I sighed, stupid Harry. Well it's kind of my thought... thinking I was a ninja or something... "Erika wait... that tree isn't it the same one that your sister was buried under?" Harry suddenly asked and I nodded.

"Could that mean that he was her boyfriend?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Remember he got locked up, and he was with her that night we went on the date." I said.

"Do you remember what he looked like?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Do you?" I asked and he shook his head. So that could be a possibility... But could he have gotten out of jail?

"But how could it be him if he's in jail?" I asked and hu shrugged.

"Jail is not 100% affective. People get out all the time, even though they aren't supposed to." He said and I sighed. "We could check, just to be safe." He said and I nodded. We walked out of the room and I went over to Paul.

"Paul will you see if the guy we had arrested for my sisters murder is still in Jail?" I asked and he nodded. We walked out of the house and got in the car. Paul was on the phone and then he hung up right as we pulled up to the house. He sighed and looked back.

"He's been out since three months ago... I don't understand why they didn't let us know." He said and I felt my heart sink and my stomach tighten. So it had to be him. I looked at Harry and he looked at me.

"Okay you guys in this car are the only ones who will know about this okay?" I said and they nodded. Two security officers, Paul, Harry, and me; that's all who will know about this I hope that that's enough to get through this.

"We have an idea that the stalker guy, Leo, is the same guy who killed her sister." Harry said and they nodded.

"We are going to see him tonight, you guys hand back some and I'll go but if anything looks wrong then come in." We waited until it was around 11:30 to leave, Harry insisted on walking up there with me. We walked with his arm around my waist. Leo was sitting crouched under the flowers that Stephanie's friends and family would put there when we visited. "Leo?" I asked. He stood up and turned around. He had sad eyes.

"I loved her you know..." He whispered and was holding a picture of Stephanie. My eyes softened at the sad sight. "I- I never meant to scare you... I just learned that you were her sister... I let my love for her blind me... and who you read about in the note wasn't me... I swear... she loved me... I loved her... I just feel so confused after she died... I just don't know..." He whispered and fell down with tears pouring out of his eyes and he held his head in his hands. It was making me tear up slightly, seeing a man crying his eyes out. "I need help..." He cried harder. I frowned and walked over, placing my hand on his shoulder.

"It's okay; we'll get you some help." I said and Paul came out. We helped him up because he was crying his eyes out. Harry placed his hand on my thigh and kissed my cheek, we were still slightly on edge. They dropped Harry and me not too far away from the house, not wanting to show him where we live. Harry took my hand and I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"We were worried for nothing." Harry said and I laughed.

"It was scary though." I said and he nodded. We walked in a comfortable silence back to the house, we got inside and the house was crazy. Our families were upstairs sleeping. Darcy, Prim, and Stephanie were covered in flower, Zayn had eggs all over him, Eleanor was covered in milk, Louis was covered in all kinds of foods, Niall was covered cereal and ice cream, Danielle was covered what looked like cake batter, and Liam was covered in some half cooked pancakes.

"Uh..." They all said and I sighed.

"We are NEVER leaving you guys home alone again." I said and then was tackled into a group hug by everyone and so was Harry- we all looked like we could use about six baths. I snuck away and grabbed the ketchup and Mustard. Needless to say Harry got some under his shirt. Then he poured pickles down mine so it evened out. We continued our food fight until Harry tripped and fell on top of me, we were behind the island and everyone else was fighting in the living room. He smirked and I laughed, he had batter all over his lips. He pressed his lips to mine and I kissed back. He used his arms to hold himself up and I wrapped, mine around his neck. I heard a lot of giggles, squeals, sighs, and gasps. We looked up and everyone stood behind my head so I leaned it back to see everyone that I loved.

"Please, if you are going to do that have the decency to do it in the room; there are children around." Louis said in mock horror and we laughed.

"I thought you wanted a little Larry Stylinson baby?" I asked.

"But I don't want to see it being made!" He said and we all died laughing, except for Prim, Darcy, and Stephanie. Stephanie tugged on Lou's pant leg.

"What are you guys talking about?" We all settled into an awkward silence.

"Uhm... well... uh... we'll tell you when you're older... a lot older. Now it's bath time!" Lou said and we all laughed and got the girls cleaned. So tomorrow I had to pick a dress... sounds like fun.