chapter four

Ivy agreed to keep training with me but I've been on a break while she's been going out. So far I've spent the past two days in the library Roman built.

Still can't believe it. In the library Roman built for me.

I was rereading The Great Gatsby when the door opened. I was hoping that it was Roman who walked in.

"Hey, I'm leaving now", Ivy called out with her head peeking in the doorway. I set down the book and ran over to her. "I'll see you next week", I smiled and she pulled me for a hug.

"Oh and help yourself to whatever you need to borrow in my closet", she said while I walked with her to the front door. "Thanks"

Roman was already outside talking to one of the guards. "Roman, I'm leaving!" she shouted to him but he waved her away. "Alright, kisses", she waved and left out into the car.  

"Well, I won't miss her", Roman sighed. He was joking. We just stood there awkwardly. "Guess I'll get back to my book", I walked up the stairs on my way back to the library.  "Hey!" he called out.

I spun around and he looked so pale. "I...Why-" he stuttered and then groaned as a way of giving up.  I found it sort of cute. "Are you trying to ask me anything?" I chuckled. He bowed his head and nodded.

"Do you want to hang out... or something", he shrugs. Roman Black is asking me to hang out with him.

"I mean we don't have to go out, we can just sit on the couch or whatever you prefer", he said, sounding so nervous. "Stay there", I jogged up the rest of the steps and into my room to grab pillows from my bed and a blanket.

"Let's go", I sighed, walking past him and into the living room. "What movie do you want to watch?" I ask, throwing the blanket over our legs. He shrugs and just hands me the remote. "Okay well, how about you go make some popcorn", I told him.

________________

"Fucking idiot!" Roman shouted. We were on our third horror movie and he'd yell the same thing at them. "She's an idiot. Could've clearly gotten away if she wasn't worried about her pussy boyfriend", he spat, popcorn flying out of his mouth.

He was getting very invested in these. I grabbed the remote and turned it off. "Hey!" he almost whined. "Can't we watch something other than horror movies, like comedy, romance or action", I suggested. His face turned disgusted.

"You should watch The Notebook", I say, turning my body to him. "What's it about", he asked, doing the same. "It's set in the 1940's, there's this boy named Noah and his family's not wealthy but he meets this beautiful rich girl Allie, but of course her parents didn't like that and he ended up going to serve in World War II but when he came back she was engaged." I explained with a big smile on my face.

Roman was watching me with his knuckles propping his head up and the biggest grin.

"What", I laugh. He just sat there shaking his head. "Do you like it?" he asked.  "I love it", I gasp. "Then I'll watch it", he said right before he yawned. It was probably already midnight or at least close.

"We should go to sleep," I said, pulling the blanket off. He went to his room and I went to mine. This night was amazing. Even if we were just watching movies and eating food.

Screaming. That's all I heard. That's what woke me up.

It was agony, it sounded like they were in pain.

I just realized that the screaming was coming from inside the house. I shot out of bed and on my feet. Roman. He's the only one in the house. I ran to his room and found him lying on his stomach, squirming, it looked like he was about to punch something.