chapter seven

Elise's POV:

All last night the only thing I could think about was Roman and our little moment. When he left I couldn't stop smiling, I sat in front of my mirror just reminiscing.

He hasn't come back yet and I'm just sitting on the windowsill playing it on repeat in my mind. I heard a car roar in the distance and when I looked out the window he was pulling up.

It was dark outside but with the house lights I could see him entering the front door. Ivy had fallen asleep hours ago but I've been up all night.

Walking out of my room and leaning over the railing I saw him walk into the kitchen and I followed. I honestly don't know why I'm so excited to see him or what to say to get a conversation going.

He slammed the cabinet door shut after grabbing a whiskey bottle. When he turned around his dress shirt was unbuttoned at the top and there were blood stains everywhere and his hair was messy.

He looked up at me for a second and drank out of the bottle. "What happened?" I asked. He shook his head away once but ended up responding.

"My father. Is a piece of shit bastard", he says.

The blood looked fresh. "Where's Isaac?" I asked. He put the bottle back in the cabinet and looked at me, he looked exhausted. "He went home."

I didn't know what else to say. I just watched him weakly walk up the steps. Something was wrong. "Are you hurt?" I asked again. He stopped but didn't turn around. I jogged up to stand beside him and held out my hand for him to take.

I could hear his breaths, they were faster than a normal one. He took my hand and I helped him to his room. I walked to his closet to find something better for him to wear to bed. Almost everything was black.

If it wasn't black it was red or blue. I grabbed a black T shirt and grey sweatpants. I came back into the room and he was drinking more whiskey. I put down his clothes and grabbed the bottle from him.

"No", he mumbled.

I started to unbutton his shirt and I saw scars on his abdomen. There was one on his side that looked new. I put his shirt on and he fell backwards onto his bed. "You need to change your pants", I say, pulling his arms.

He doesn't budge, just groans. "Roman", I said with almost a whisper and hint of desperation. "I like that", he whispers. "Do it again", Roman says. I look at him confused on what he means. "Do what?" I ask. "My name", he whines and falls backwards.

He wants me to say his name? I pull him back up and holds his face. "Roman", I say softly. It's like his dark eyes are stars shinning. He blinks slowly and exhales. Eventually he stood and went straight to changing his pants.

He laid back down and instantly fell asleep.

_________________

When I woke up this morning and I couldn't move. Felt something heavy on the right side of my body. I looked down and Roman's head was resting on my arm while his legs were spread apart. He slept in my room?

I wanted to get up, brush my teeth and eat breakfast but I also didn't want to wake him. He started moving and flipped over onto his stomach. I was able to get out of my room quietly and downstairs to the kitchen. Ivy was sitting on the counter eating pancakes and watching the tv that they had in the kitchen.

"Oh good morning", she says. She put down her food and jumps off. "Hey I figured I'd go out, find a park and sit", I tell Ivy. She shrugged and nodded, "okay" But when I turned around Roman was already standing there.