thirty - two

Elise's POV:

So far tonight I've only jogged from my apartment to the park. It was dark out and no one was around. Something felt off. It felt like someone was watching me.

I swear it better not be Roman. For a while I kept jogging and something still felt off. It couldn't be Roman.

I felt a harsh grip on my shoulder and reacted. I twisted the arm hearing a snap and a scream. He was a man wearing all black and I couldn't really see his face.

He was holding his arm and whining. What a baby. He stumbled to the ground and started reaching in his pocket and before he could pull it out completely I get view of the handle of a firearm.

I kick his hand and the gun goes flying up and falls down into my hands. Without thinking about it I cock it and shoot him twice in his chest.

I throw the gun in one of the bushes and bend down to search his pockets. His inside jacket pocket had a wallet with no money.

Then I got to thinking. He might be the same as the others. I lift his arm sleeve and check his forearm. He has a snake tattoo. Same as the others.

I throw the wallet down and jog back to the apartment. Luca was sitting at the counter going through the mail.

"Your check", he said tossing it on the counter. I grab it and unzip my jacket. "I found another", I tell him.

He puts down the mail and looks at me. "On your jog?" he asked. I nodded. "Did you handle it?" he quizzed.

"Like a pro", I joked with a smile. Luca smiled back and grabbed his jacket off the back of his chair. "I'll be back, going to the store", he left.

For the past three years there's been this mafia trying to track and kill Luca, he hasn't told me what he did but it must be bad.

I kicked off my shoes and left them by the door. As I got to my room I started undressing myself to get ready to take a shower.

This was an everything shower and I came out fresh and clean. I put on shorts and a T-shirt with the fluffy socks Luca got me for Christmas. I blow dried my hair until it was completely dry and soft.

I brushed it a couple times and it was just now that I realized I didnt have my phone. I searched my room and my bathroom. Not there.

It's probably in the kitchen. I leave my room and walk towards the front of the apartment. I stopped in my place because I felt this familiar presence. My phone was sitting on the counter four feet away from me.

I look back and saw Roman sitting on my couch. Can he please take a hint.

"I thought I told you to go", I say. He stood up and shrugged his shoulders. "I was never a good listener", he replied. "Well do I need to make you listen?" I questioned while stepping forward.

Just now realizing what I said, it sounded dirty. I was speaking more of a violently.

He grins and it does something to me. I haven't seem him grin in a while. He even looked good, older. More sexy looking.

"Why won't you talk to me?" he asks out of the blue. "We're talking right now", I tell him. He sighs with a slight eye roll.

"Forgive me?" he attempts a smile. I shrug. "I'm trying to start over." I state. I really thought I made that clear by now.

"I don't think- Please, I've given you your space and apologized", He spoke over and continue to say more but he's not hearing me.

"You promised!" I shouted over him. He had stop talking and just stood there confused.

"You promised me you wouldn't break my heart", I say. "I'm sorry, I am so so sorry", he walks closer and closer to me holding my face.

"I'm just so fucked up", He breaths.

"You killed my brother,  that... that broke me", I whimpered.

He started shaking his head. "You also lied to me", I said. I gently took his hands off of my face and stepped back.
"I do not feel like I should go back with you", I say, not making any eye contact with him.

He sighs in annoyance and steps back as well. "Please, sweetheart I need you, I.. I miss you and Ivy misses you, hell even Isaac misses you", he's begging now. Missing me isn't enough, I need more time. I want more time.

"I need more time", I sigh. He looks uncomfortable so he takes off his suit jacket off and unties his tie. "Three years. It's been three fucking years", He shouts.

I'm digging my nails into my hands and I haven't done that in a while either. "I can't-  some nights I still find myself sleeping in your room or sitting in the library picturing you reading so quietly." he breathes.

I looked down in my palm and I had previous scarring and little blood from when I was just doing it. "I am begging you, Elise."  He looked so hurt and scared of what I might say, but right now I want him to leave.

I know he won't, he'll probably just come back later. "Fine, I'll think about it", I admitted. He dropped his hands and nodded once. Wiped his face with one hand and chuckled.

Grabbed his jacket and tie and left angrily. The door slammed behind him and I felt this weird thing in my chest, like someone was squeezing it. I leaned against the wall and slid onto the floor.

If I forgive him and agree to get back with him he'll drag me back, and I don't want to go back.

I like Seattle, I like my job and my apartment here with Luca. I heard the front door rattle and shake. The door opened and Luca walked in with grocery bags.

He scanned the living room and looked confused. "Why are you on the floor? You okay?" he asked. I nodded and stood up.

"Roman found me", I say. He sets down the bags and makes that same weird face. It's starting to piss me off. "He came into Linda's last night, followed me home and showed up a couple minutes ago", I told him.

"Asked for forgiveness?" Luca asked. I nodded. I started un-bagging everything and Luca put them where they go. "What are you going to do?" He sighs. I shrug my shoulders. "Wanna know what I think you should do", he says.

I didn't show any indication that I did or didn't. "Forgive him"

"He apologized right?" He asked while i continued to un bag everything. "So forgive him, he's given you three years worth of space and apologized", Luca says.

"He also lied about your death", I say adding air quotes around the last word. Luca chuckles and shrugs. "For what it's worth I'm not really dead."

"I thought you didn't like Roman", I said. He puts away the groceries and turns to me. "It varies but I saw how you too are together", he responded.

"Besides I know you miss him", he nudged my arm before leaving and disappearing into his room. It was true, I did miss him.

I won't lie and say not once in these past few years have I not thought about him. Maybe I should move past this. Luca was right, as always. I grabbed my phone and started texting Linda that would be taking a break from work.

Just to figure what I'm gonna do next, and as for Roman, he'll be back. I know there's no way he's gonna give up that quick.

********