chapter seventeen

Elise's POV:

Today's my birthday. I only knew that because there's a calendar on the little table in front of the fireplace.

Along with a plate of strawberries, cheese and other cut up fruit that I woke up to. Well right now I'm not feeling very happy.

I walk over to the nightstand and spread some of the cream Caleb gave me on my palm.

I don't really care that there are scars I'm only doing it because Caleb keeps using it as an excuse to come in here every day.

The door opens and he's standing there. "Do you need more?" He asks. "No", I say harshly. He nodded and said, "today's your birthday, maybe if you want you can leave the room."

My hopes jump.

"Not leave the house but leave the room, explore I guess", he shrugged. I heard clapping, slow clapping. "My brother, playing nice", Zander walks in.

"It's just so funny", he sighs dropping his hands. "Trying to woo you is smart", he grins.

It makes me cringe.

I'm getting sick of them to be honest. "What do you want?" I ask him. His eyebrows jump and he steps closer.

"Well your going to be my wife soon gorgeous", he smiles and brings his hand up to my face. But I smack it and he laughs.

God he is sick.

"Come on what could've I done to make you so hostile", he reached for my face again but this time I slapped him.

His head fell to his side and he jus started at the ground. "Caleb get out and close the door", he said quietly.

"No", Caleb responded.

So quickly Zander squeezes his hand around my throat. "I said get the hell out and shut the door!" He shouted. I see him hesitate but eventually does what he's told.

That's the thing about Caleb. He's weak. He doesn't stand up for himself and allows himself to be stomped on by others.

I guess I can't really talk seeing as I used to be just like him.

He squeezes tighter and I can't even form words. "Don't even put your hands on me", he growls. He pushes me down into the bed and I bounce on my back.

"Ares is missing so I guess this is your husbands answer to his father's proposal, so your mine", he says.

He grabs my ankles with both hands and pulls me down towards him. Oh god please is this what I think it is please no.

"Stop!" I cry.

I'm squirming and trying to kick him but he swings and punches me in the rib. The rib I've hurt once before.

I'm still, and holding it with my hand. Zander lifts up my nightgown and pulls it up to my breast. "Stop", I wheeze.

There is no Alec. There's not pill to make me not feel this. "All this animosity, it's time you let go", he groans.

Without even a thought he's pulling down my underwear and slamming into me. It hurts so badly. He keeps going and it keeps getting worse.

I think I'm bleeding.

______________

Ow ow ow ow ow.

I think he left. I don't really know I'm just laying in a   ball on the bed.
Even crying hurts my throat. My body burns.

I've never understood what I've done to deserve these things. I hate it. I hate this fucked up world. So much.

I close my eyes in attempt to sleep but instead it's like I've been teleported somewhere. A beach. My sitting on the sand in confusion.

Is this what the human body does? When in a traumatized state they make up things? I wouldn't know.

"Hey", a feminine voice spoke. I turn around to see Ivy smiling wildly at me. "Im here too", a male speaks besides me.

Isaac. I want to cry, not because I'm sad or hurt. But because I miss them. "Come on Princess don't cry", he groans annoyed. I wipe my face clean and look at Ivy.

For a moment I forgot all about these past few weeks and we started talking like everything was normal. It was great.

Ivy joked about how when we all met again I should teach Isaac how to read. He obviously got offended but she was joking.

We all made a plan to talk like this again every night and so we did. Sage would often join in. I got to know her more.

2 months

I'm back at the abandoned house I was taken to first. They said they didn't know what to do with me because Ares was missing.

But I have no idea what day it is. I just know it's cold outside. On the floor next to the mattress is a hole in the wall, I smell the air, and feel the cold wind.

I laid there staring at the dirty ceiling and I felt the shivers of the cold air from outside.

I could see the slightly frosted grass but that was it. My eyes grew heavy and I had no energy to keep them open. I saw only black for a while before I ended up in a field.

A beautiful field filled with beautiful plants and flowers, but I noticed two swings hanging from a tree. There was what looked to be a man sitting on one.

I hesitate and think of what this could be or who it could be. The bastard who hates me. The brothers who taunt me. Or a person I love.

I walk forward to the open swing and sit. I didn't look at them, I'm not sure I entirely wanted to. "I missed you", they said and the voice who spoke lifted every problem I ever had off my shoulders.

I looked in their direction and I saw Roman grinning at me. Grinning at me so hard he's almost smiling. I'm breathing heavily and I want to hug him, I want him to hold me, tell me everything will be alright.

To kiss me.

"Can I hug you?" I choke out. His smile faded a little. "No" he straight up said. "I'm not really here", he says.

So this is a dream. Damn it.

"I wanna go home", I whimper. "Hang on sweetheart", is all he says before I'm pulled away. The door unlocked loudly and it opens.

Caleb's face appears in my eye veiw. I sit up slowly and stare. The door is left open. "Run", he said.

I don't move. What is he playing at? "Their talking about killing you tomorrow morning, so run and don't stop until you find help", he explained.

I move to my feet and he drops down and slide black rain boots on my feet.

"I'm sorry", he whispered, his head down and his hair covering his eyes. I walk past him and stop at the door.

"What will they do to you?" I bring myself to ask. They'll do there worse is what I know. He doesn't answer.

"I don't know", he murmurs.

I don't say thank you I just take off running. Once I'm out of range with the house I sprint as fast as I can into the woods.

I have no good sense of direction, I just try to listen out for noises that indecent a highway or human life.

_________