chapter eight

Tonight Roman's parents were throwing their annual white party, so Ivy, Roman and I are out shopping, I don't remember why Roman is here because I'm sure he's got a thousand suits in his closet but Ivy and I need a dress.

"It can't possibly take this long to try on a few dresses", Roman shouts as we were in the dressing room. We just got here and I already have a dress I love.

It was long, but not too long to where I would trip. When I stepped out Roman was on his phone and I asked, "do you like it?" I spun around, feeling the dress.

"It's perfect", he says. I looked in the mirror and saw him staring in my eyes. "My turn", Ivy shouts, coming out of the dressing room.

"How do I look?" She asks. "Like a troll", Roman says. She looks at him annoyed before turning to me. She looked at me and smiled, it made me smile. "We both look gorgeous", she says, looking in the mirror.

Although he face began to frown and she tilted her head. "I'll buy this dress and go get my hair done, it looks awful", she exhaled. "Well then can I go, I have things to do", Roman says sliding his phone in his pocket.

"No. I had your mom clear your schedule", she says. He looks at her with her lips pressed together, "another reason"

"You need to keep her company", she said, she had already slipped out of her dress and into her clothes.

She bought the dresses and went to the hair salon.

"So, how many people will be at the party?" I ask. He shrugged before giving an answer. "A couple of my parents friends"

I felt the need to apologize. "I'm... sorry", I say. He stops walking and looks down at me. "What for?"

"I shouldn't have kissed you", I responded. He bites back a grin and folds his arms. "If you want to get technical I kissed you, and other things."

"Besides you shouldn't say sorry after things happen", he tells me. I bowed my head down in embarrassment and also forgot that I wanted to change.

"But", he used his index finger to lift my chin so I could look at him. "I appreciate it ", he kissed me so hard it's like my lips were air and he couldn't breathe.

He then backed away from my face only where we were inches apart. "Now I just kissed you with tongue, and I'm going to do it again tonight, and all those after", he whispered.

I was honestly way too flustered to form words, I just looked at him and nodded. My stomach feels so weird, but it's a good weird.

He looked around before hanging his arm across my shoulder, "I smell Cinnabon."

_________________

After walking around, mostly eating, Ivy called me saying she was done with her hair. Which took two hours.

We met back up with her and her hair just looked curled. "Two hours just for your hair to be curled, you realize you could've done at the house", Roman complains.

"It's not just curled, it's a bit lighter, a bit shorter, and volume was added", she lists. "It looks the fucking same", he sighs.

"Shut up and let's go", she walks off.

I had finished with my everything and I noticed I'm always last to get ready. Roman and Ivy both were already waiting downstairs.

The party started at nine thirty and it was nine fifty. "We are twenty minutes late. Why didn't you guys tell me to hurry", I say coming down the steps.

We all looked like we were on our way to heaven or something, dressed in all white. "Perfection takes time, why rush", Ivy scoffs, heading for the door.