chapter nine

Roman's POV:

He disappeared. He killed his wife and disappeared like a little bitch.

I want to kill him, I've always wanted to be I never could do it. Every night for about a month if stand by his bedside holding a knife, ready to slit his throat.

At least now Im not holding back. Someone knocked on my door, they kept knocking because I wouldn't answer. "Rome", Isaac walked in. I was sitting on the edge of my bed with my elbows propped on my knees.

I kept watching him kill her and I remember in that moment it happened I wanted to end it all. "I just want to let you know that I'm here for anything you need," he says. "I want Ares found, like yesterday," I sigh.

"On it, oh and Ivy says it's time for dinner", he mentions before leaving. I went down to the dining room. When I got there I saw that Elise had a bruise under her left eye, Ivy had one on her cheek.

"What the hell happened to you two?" I asked. They looked at each other and started laughing. Why were they laughing. I sat down looking confused. "what's funny?" I ask. They stop and Ivy waves a hand, "we were sparring and she got me but then I got her."

"She getting quite good actually," she adds. "Yea well both of you put some ice on it", I say, eating my my food. Elise looked at the empty seat next to her and asked, "where's Isaac?"

"He's doing something for me." They looked at each other again and Ivy put down her fork, "are you going to kill your father once Isaac finds him?" What kind of question is that, "damn straight"

"Okay... well your mother's funeral is tomorrow, you do realize that right?" Ivy questioned. I nodded.

"I'm not going", I say. I feel them stare at me for a good five minutes before one of them starts speaking. "Roman— what do you mean you're not going!" Ivy said, cutting Elise off. "Isaac will get me the location of Ares and tomorrow I'll go after him", I inform her.

I'm guessing he went in hiding like a rat and it will take time for Isaac to find him but I don't want to see my mother laying in some wooden box. Might as well bury myself in work.

"What if he doesn't", Elise murmurs. I look up from my plate and she looks as if she shouldn't have said anything. "You should go, your last memory shouldn't be her getting her neck snapped", she says.

Ivy and I sat there quietly. She didn't look at us she just got up and left. Ivy looked at me with widen eyes and tilted her head to side. "Well go after her!" She demanded. I rolled my eyes and got up to follow.

I went straight to her room and she was sitting on the chair by her window. I think she knew I was coming because she started to wipe her face. She was crying? "Why are you crying?" I ask sitting on the window ceil.

Elise shakes her head and looks up. "I know this is selfish but, I can't stop thinking about Luca," she dropped her head in her hands.

"Never-mind, forget I said that it was wrong", she dismisses. I didn't respond I just watching her. She was sad.

I think I'm sad.

"How did you...cope with the death of your brother?" I asked her. She dragged her index finger under her eye and turned to me. "To be honest I cried for days and I stopped going to school", she says.

So I'll feel like shit for the rest of my life. "Even though you might not get over it. It won't hurt as bad in the near future as it does now", she said. It does sting.

I was quiet for a bit trying to think of the last time my mother was truly happy. If I can't remember then it must've been never.

"But I still think you should go", Elise adds. I sat up and looked at her to ask again. "Did you go to your brother's funeral?" She looked embarrassed and her face got pink. "No", she mumbled. "But you shouldn't go because I didn't I was just being.... a crybaby", she laughed for a moment when she said that last part.

So did I.

"I don't think your crybaby", I say. "Should've seen me when I was growing up", she sighed. I was ready to replied but I heard angry voices down the hall. We both sat there stood listening. "I should blow your head off!" Isaac yelled.

I got up quick and out of the room. He was going down the stairs, Ivy was behind him and my father was standing in the foyer.

"what are you doing here" my voice raising and soon I was following after them. "I am good on my son", he says, hands behind his back. He leans to the side while looking behind me at Elise. He looked me in the eyes and chuckles.

"What's funny?" I question. I see his smirk disappear and he gets serious. "Nobody, disrespects me. You of all people should know that and I can't let that stand", he starts speaking slowly it's like I'm going to die soon.

"Your point?" Isaac says, already his gun in hand and Ivy was a kitchen knife.

"My point, Isaac is that this is now war", my father said. I looked around ready for a comeback I could laugh at. And all this unnecessary acts because I wouldn't become his fucking equal.

"Okay, bring it on bitch", Isaac grits, spreading his arms out. I hear a low sound of struggle behind me. I turned around fast thinking something was coming for me but it wasn't. Elise was standing there looking calm but there was man in all black with a knife to her neck.

He pressed the blade on her skin and she winced. "Starting with her death", My father said.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *