chapter twenty - four

Roman's POV:

I feel bad for not telling Elise what's going on. But secrets make the best surprises so I have to hold out just until tonight.

I was on my way to meet Elena when I got a call from Ivy. I ignored it. I don't want to hear her attitude so early in the morning, it's just gonna piss me off.

Suddenly the back of my car goes down and my I come to a stop. I check my review mirror and all I see are feminine legs and heels.

I grab my gun from the glove department and step out of the car. I see Ivy with her gun in hand and a annoying look on her face.

I walk up to her then look back at my car. "I have somewhere to be!" I shout at her. She makes a bitchy face and flips her hair.

"What the fuck is wrong with you", She says. I'm assuming Elise told her something about my call from Elena.

I don't say anything.

"You're lucky Sage isn't here, she'd cut your dick off",  she spat. "You're paying to fix my tires, you know that right?" I countered.

"Are you cheating on Elise? Yes or No", she began. My fucking tires are shot, how am I supposed to get to the venue now.

"No", I answered. "Who's Elena, sounds like a prostitute", she said. Should I just tell her? It would take away that look on her face and the urge to kill me.

"She's a planner. I'm gonna ask Elise to marry me", I admitted. Now Ivy looks confused, "Your already married."

"Like full out, dress, vail, dinner, tux, not just signing a piece of paper", I say. Her face expression lightens then she smiles.

"Aww who knew you were so romantic", she punches my arm lightly. My name is in it.

"Yeah I was going to check it out but you shot my fucking tires", I tell her and point at them. "I'll give you a ride, might wanna call someone about that though", she put away her gun and we got in her car.

I told her directions and also texted someone to get my car. "So when were you going to tell us, or you want this to just be you and her?" She asks me.

"Isaac already knows, he told Sage this morning and I was going to tell you later", I responded. She nods. "You've at least could've gave Elise a little reassurance, she's been thinking all the wrong things", Ivy sounds almost pitiful.

But if I told her it wouldn't have been a surprise and I want her to be proud of me for pulling this together and to be happy when she sees it.

"I know", I mumble. "Do you want to see the ring I had made for her?" I ask Ivy. I pulled the box from my pocket and showed her.

Her face lit up and her mouth dropped. Before going to France I called a jeweler to have one made and on our last night there I snuck out to get it.

It's a 18 carat emerald and diamond. "Wow", Ivy gasped. "You think you'll like it?" I ask nervously and close it back in my pocket.

"Of course!" She smiles.

______________

The venue was outside of a restaurant by the beach and we'd have dinner out there. We first met on a balcony at midnight under a full moon.

The amount of patience I had to endure just for a full moon to come around was torture. But worth it. Anything for her.

Isaac and Ivy said they loved it and thought it'd be perfect. I had everything in place and set right. Sage was at home with Elise finding dresses for her.

A wedding gown would be too acknowledge, she would know what we were doing. I'd go home and pick her up, bring her to the restaurant and she'll think we're actually going to dinner but I'll take her outside and the beach is behind the restaurant.

She'll see it and all is forgiven.

Its close to midnight and since my car is being fixed I'll take one of my others. I walk up the stairs to change and her door is closed but her light shines under the door.

I hope she's not too upset with me, I don't know what I'd do if she hated me.

I went to the back of my closet and put on my tux. Once I finished I hesitatly opened her room door. She was sitting on the window ceil looking out the window.

Her hair was curled long and nice. I've never seen her hair curly. Her dress was silk dark green, her legs on the ceil and the back of the dress hung on the floor.

I almost got choked up.

Her head turned and she had on this eyeliner that made her green eyes stand out. It perfect, she was perfect.

She stood up and pushed her hair back with a finger. "Sage says we're going to dinner", she says softly, yet I heard disappointment.

"I'm not cheating on you", I blurt.

She presses her lips together and nods. "Well, let's just go to dinner then", she tried a smile and held out her hand.

I took it and we went downstairs to my car.  The hole ride was silent and she just stared out the window.

When we got there I spoke to the owner earlier today and we walked through to the back. "I thought we were going to dinner", She says.

We got to the beach and she could see everything. A wooden cover with lights wrapped around it built over the priest I got.

Sage and Ivy holding flowers on the left side, Isaac on the right. Candles on the sand leading down to them.

"Elena is a event planner", I turn to her. "So your not cheating..." Elise trailed off. "Never", I said.

She places a have on her forehead and her chest pounds as she breathes. "I feel bad now"

I turn her to me and say, "please don't, you have nothing to feel bad about."

Her eyes were just starting in mine, they make me weak. She starts smiling and I want to crumble. I want to make her crumble in so many ways.

"Come on", I kiss her hand and we walk down. I never wouldve seen myself marrying someone. I was always down for hookups and I couldn't commit to it being with just one girl.

But now I'm committing my entire life to her, and so easily. The traditional words were said. Elise said words I'd never thought I'd hear. Then it was my turn.

To be honest I was a bit scared to speak. None of my friends have heard me say these kinds of things. It'd be weird for them.

Besides, Elise hasn't stopped smiling since we stood here. So I tried to ignore everyone else and just look at her, because I'm only talking to her.

"Sweetheart, I love you so much. I'm going to love you in weakest form, and your strongest one. I'm gonna love you when your happy and most when your sad, I'm here for you forever. And I'm gonna love all of you, even your imperfections."

I hope she understands the significance of this night and what she means to me. "I pronounce you husband and wife–" he's cut off by Elise taking action and crashing her lips onto mine.

I hug her body and kiss her back. Sage and Ivy screaming with excitement and Isaac yells something I can't understand.

I can feel her smile in the kiss and that made everything else better. Elise pulled away and I could suddenly see our entire future.

And that scared the shit out of me.

______________