Chapter 6

Zhan waved to Yibo who smiled and left his apartment to work. He was all alone. After all, this was his life since he came to Shanghai. They haven't even consummated the marriage or even communicated properly. He felt that Yibo always distanced himself from him. And there was always this room he entered. What was in that room and why did he always lock it?

Ah Lam would come, help Zhan with cooking and cleaning and then leave after a while. Zhan thought why not change the décor. He asked Ah Lam of Yibo's favorite color – Green. He thought it would be better to redesign the home a tad bit. After all, it was just white combined with boring furniture. He wanted to impress Yibo and show him how much he appreciates him.

Next day morning, he ran to the décor store with Ah Lam and hogged a few décor of green. He used plants to accentuate the home. At the end of the day, he was happy with what he has done.

The moment Yibo entered his eyes went wide. His home has been redecorated with his favorite shade – green. What the hell? His mind went into overdrive mode. He was mesmerized with the beauty. Everything looked so perfect, today....this moment...it felt like home for him.

And there Zhan was standing beside the dinner table

And there Zhan was standing beside the dinner table. He walked up to him and saw the entire table was filled with his favorite dishes. He looked at Zhan who was smiling like a million bucks, his bunny teeth showing, his eyes were shimmering with happiness.

The warmth in those eyes weakened Yibo. Something in those eyes and that smile felt his heart skip a beat. He smiled genuinely at Zhan. "Thank you, Zhan for all this. You didn't need to, though."

"But I wanted to...I mean it's my home too...our home. Do you like it?", Zhan smiled back at Yibo and asked. His voice was apprehensive. He really wanted to impress Yibo. He wanted to know him more, become close to him. After all, he was his husband.

"It's lovely, Zhan. Just lovely. It now looks like a home, thank you."

Zhan felt like he conquered the first step of a reality show. They enjoyed their dinner at their "new home". For the first time, Zhan caught Yibo smiling from the heart.

*************

Time Skip:

It's been a couple of months since Yizhan got married. The only time was weekend when he could meet Jason and Kuan. But they too were very busy nowadays. He was bored as Yibo was always at the office. Even when he was at home, he would hog the laptop. He thought that changing the house would do some good in their relationship but that didn't do much apparently.

He loved glass painting. So one Monday morning after Yibo left, he began painting the windows. Unfortunately, he locked himself out in the balcony.

 Unfortunately, he locked himself out in the balcony

"Hey....!!! Helloooo......" He was screaming when his neighbor appeared on their balcony. He asked her for a screw driver through which he was able to help himself out of the situation. As a thank you, he invited them for a cup of coffee. Soon, the whole apartment was filled with people.

Yibo was walking towards his apartment when he heard loud noises. He was welcomed with loads of shoes on the doorstep that he had to push himself inside. Oh No...the loud noises are coming from the main hall of his apartment. There were people who were chattering. A group of them were enjoying Football on TV while others were munching on foods. He looked for Zhan who was talking to a bunch of people. Zhan noticed him and smiled. "Hey, everyone Yibo is here."

"Yibo...

Hi...

Hello...."

Yibo smiled and shook hands with the people who were hovering around in his house.

"Yibo, you have been here for so many years and never even spoke or invited us to your home....and look at your husband Zhan, he is so friendly and outgoing."

****

The house was messy and was filled with smell of coffee, drinks and different types of food. Yibo sat down on the couch.

"Zhan, this is my private space. Look at this mess. This is my home not a public park."

Zhan tried to explain. "Yibo I got locked in the balcony and they helped me."

"Fine. But why do you find yourself in these situations? And what is that shit you drew on those windows? If you want to draw, why don't do you do it on some freaking canvas? Do you have to scribble it on windows? Just grow up, man."

He got up from the couch furiously and went to the room he always finds comfort in. Zhan looked at Yibo dejectedly. He never intended to hurt Yibo. He was just trying to talk to people. He felt lonely in this house. He wanted around like a ghost at times lurking around not knowing what to do. But Yibo was unaware of it. He wanted to talk to his cousins but he knew Jason is not the one to simply stand and let Zhan suffer. He will respond which won't end well for Yibo.

Honestly, he didn't know what to do. This was not something he signed for in this marriage. He had hoped for a happy life with his husband and his cousins. When did he become like a bird in a cage?

The next morning Yibo woke up with colorful rays illuminating his face.

He looked up and saw the early morning sunrays hitting through the windows, He smiled

He looked up and saw the early morning sunrays hitting through the windows, He smiled. Zhan truly is creative. He felt bad for yelling at him. He took a peak and saw Zhan sleeping peacefully. He made a cup of hot coffee and placed a note near it keeping it neatly beside Zhan's bed and left for office.

"Thank you for the colors."

-----------

TBC....