Chapter 9

It has become Jason's motive to follow Simon. Where ever Simon went, Jason tailed him. The art exhibit, radio station, and even to schools where Simon was called to give motivational speeches. Jason never spoke to Simon. He would simply stand and observe him from a distance. He would watch how happily Simon interacted with everyone, how he played with the children, and how he inspired them to dream and follow their passion.

One day he was looking at Simon lost in thoughts when a kid pulled his hands.

"Gege...Gege....Simon gege is calling you." He pointed to Simon who was looking at him with annoyance. Jason was surprised as he didn't realize Simon too was watching him. Damn, he was careful. For the first time in life, he felt nervous. The innocent baby face of Simon made him feel things, he had never felt before.

"Hi", he said awkwardly.

Simon was in no mood for small talks. "Why are you following me?"

"I wasn't following you...I was following...him." Jason pointed to Simon's friend Zhehan who had just walked towards them.

Simon's friend Zhehan looked at Jason and raised an eyebrow mouthing a "wow". Simon rolled his eyes while Jason introduced himself. He started talking with Zhehan. Zhehan was fascinated with Jason as he spoke about bikes. They spoke to each other for a couple of minutes until Zhehan invited Jason for a café nearby.

At the café:

Jason and Zhehan were talking leaving poor Simon all to himself. He didn't know Jason but he didn't like the way Zhehan was laughing at Jason's jokes while punching his arm. Zhehan was even more interested when Jason said that he is working as a mechanic and is also a bike racer. He was telling stories of race and motorcross tracks that intrigued Zhehan.

 He was telling stories of race and motorcross tracks that intrigued Zhehan

Simon was watching Jason and Zhehan interact coolly with each other. He was watching Jason when something hit him. He cleared his throat which caught Jason and Zhehan's attention. Zhehan looked to his friend and nodded. "Umm...I will go get the menu." Zhehan went to look for the menu leaving Jason and Simon.

"You called on my radio show, didn't you?" Simon's question caught Jason offguard.

Seeing Jason flustered Simon smirked. He knew he was right. "Didn't you say you will pull up a surprise and visit me....and never did?"