Chapter 16 🔞

Author's POV

It was only when Jason told that Zhan knew everything about Yibo and his past. He came to know about Yu Bin – Yibo's first love. With Jason's help, they found out where Bin's parents are living. But how could he tell them he is Yibo's husband. They would never accept him. It was necessary for Yibo's as well as Bin's parents to get their respective closure. He wanted to get to know them first, get to know Bin first and then tell them the truth of who he is.

So, whenever he got free time, he would spend his time with Bin's parents. An amazing couple, Zhan felt an instant connection with them. He wandered through Bin's pictures, some childhood pictures, some of youth. He was so handsome. Zhan admitted to himself. His face was so innocent, full of life. And Bin's parents were equally nice. Zhan understood why Yibo fell in love with Bin.

NOW:

"He killed my son. How can you say that Zhan? I don't want to hear anything of it.", Mr. Yu barked to Zhan.

"He is miserable, uncle. And he has been feeling guilty every single day."

"Haahh...No Zhan, I don't think so. He must be happy with his life, probably might have got married and having a great life with his husband." Mr. Yu was beyond angry at Yibo. He could never forgive the man who killed his son.

"No. Uncle, he is not happy and neither is his husband."

"How would you know, Zhan dear?", Mrs. Yu spoke. "Bin was our only child and he took him away from him. Bin was crazy about Yibo, blinded by his love. He wouldn't hear anything of us. He took away our only hope, our only child. You don't know Yibo."

"I do know Yibo. He is my husband." Zhan looked at them. Mr and Mrs Yu looked at him.

Ever since Jason gege told him about what happened with Yibo, Zhan couldn't help myself. His heart bled for the man. He wished Yibo had told him everything about what happened. He loved Yibo and not a day passed that he didn't miss him. He just wished Yibo had more trust in him. He hated that Yibo had to go through such pain, he lost his first love and it shouldn't happen to anyone. That's why Yibo got angry that day. It would have brought so many memories. It must be so traumatizing to him. That's one among the many reasons he went back to Yibo. He knew somewhere Yibo too had developed feelings for him but was still feeling guilty of what happened in the past.

"Zhan, I can't", Yibo said, his voice sad and miserable.

"It's necessary, Yibo, for Bin, for his parents, for us...to move forward", Zhan stated.

"How can I face them, Zhan? I feel so guilty. I can't Zhan...I Just can't", Yibo disagreed.

"Yibo, you have to do this for Bin", Zhan added. Yibo sighed and nodded.

Yibo and Zhan were sitting in the car. They had parked right in front of Yu Bin's house. Everyone needed closure to accept the past and move forward in their lives.

Zhan went in first and told Yibo to stay back while he spoke to them first. A few minutes later, Zhan ushered Yibo in. The moment Yibo and Zhan entered Mr and Mrs Yu's face fell on Yibo. Zhan was holding Yibo's hands urging him to step ahead. Zhan couldn't meet their eyes and kept his face down.

"Sit down Yibo", Mrs Yu said. Yibo slumped on the couch. He cried his eyes out. "Bin wanted to come back to you. He loved you both. He always said that my parents are helpless without me."

Mrs Yu placed her hand on Yibo's head. "It's okay, Yibo. We understand it's not your fault. It's just we couldn't accept the fact and it was easy to blame you." Yibo looked at Mrs. Yu and then his eyes went to Mr. Yu who was sitting like a stone. His tears wouldn't stop. Fresh tears fell from his eyes as he got up from his seat and went to Yibo. Yibo stood up in front of Mr. Yu. He kneeled in front of Bin's father bawling his eyes out. Mrs. Yu too stood up as she knew her husband's temper. However, the next moment was unpredicted.