Chapter 14

Thump. Punch...Owwww...!!!

Kuan just got punched by a man half his height. What the hell? He slumped to the floor face down.

"What the hell Li?" Zhanjin grabbed the man who had punched Kuan.

"No, wait Zhanjin, its okay...don't hurt yourself, I can fight it." Kuan slowly got up on his feet and that's when he saw. The man was holding Zhanjin's face and kissing him and Zhanjin wasn't even trying to wiggle out. He was kissing the man back.

"What is this Zhanjin?", Kuan asked in shock.

"Yes, Get lost you giraffe", the short man barked.

"Ji Li, stop it", Zhanjin yelled at Ji Li who ignored him.

"Zhanjin is mine, so out you go. He was just trying to get me jealous and it worked. So out you go", Ji Li coolly said.

"Is it true Zhanjin?"

"Well, Kuan...I...you see, Ji Li is...was, my boyfriend."

"Was? I still am and heck I am not letting you go", Ji confirmed.

"Stop it, Ji", Zhanjin reprimanded Ji Li but again the man ignored him completely.

Zhanjin moved towards Kuan but he stopped him. "It's okay, I know where I stand. I will be out of your life", Kuan walked away dejectedly leaving the two lovers to themselves.

-------

"He cheated on me, Feng gegeeee.... Uhuhuhuuuuu....."

Jason, Zhan and Kuan were sitting on the bed. They were trying to control Kuan who was weeping like a baby. He just found out Zhanjin who was cheating on him with another guy. Upset with this, Kuan went and grabbed a bottle from Jason's minibar and downed it. The drink burned his throat but he was angry and sad that he started sobbing. Drunk like a skunk, he was shaking Jason and Zhan, weeping loudly, "Why did I fall in love with him? He cheated on me, gege...uhuhuhu...."

"Calm down Kuan gege, he wasn't right for you. You will find someone better", Zhan consoled.

"Didn't I tell you he is wrong for you? But you were blinded by his love", Jason spoke as a matter of factly.

Kuan looked at Jason and cried, "Why are you yelling at me when I am already in a mess? I said I am sorry.......Uhuuhuhu....."

Jason and Zhan were getting a headache from their brother who was crying like a baby. "Calm down, Gege", Zhan was trying to calm him down but failing miserably.

At the end, they let him release his misery and stayed by his side until he cried himself to sleep.

-----------

"What happened, Jason Gege?", Cheng asked to Jason. He had gone to stay at his sister's house for the weekend. When he came, he saw Kuan sulking in his bedroom like a baby.

"Oh, nothing, The mook here found out his so-called boyfriend cheated on him with another person. Since the last two days, he has been like this. See if you can get him to cheer him up." Jason said and walked away for his work.

So Cheng took upon himself to prepare a good hearty breakfast for Kuan. He has been living with Kuan and Jason after the apparent incident with his ex-boyfriend and they welcomed him like a family. They ensured that he is comfortable. Kuan and Jason even met Cheng's sister Li who was as happy and innocent as her brother. They thought to themselves, may be the humility runs in the family.

"Kuan gege?"

"Cheng? What are you doing here?"

"It's Monday, I came back from my sister's place yesterday. Don't you have to go to your job?"

"No, I called in sick. I am not in a mood for anything." Kuan got up from his bed lazily but failed miserably as his legs and his hangover didn't help him. He felt wobbly and weak. His mind was not in the right place after Zhanjin cheated on him. He drank and has not been eating much since the incident. However, Cheng's cooking silently pierced his nose.

"What smells so great?"

"I prepared breakfast for you. I asked gege and he told me your favorites. So, let's get going." Cheng said happily.

"Aaah, forget it. I am not hungry." However, his stomach started grumbling making weird noises. He sheepily looked at Cheng who had his hand on his mouth trying to hold back his laughter.

"I guess I am hungry." Kuan sighed and tried to get up again. He lazily walked towards the bathroom to freshen up, Cheng set the table. The aroma of fresh breakfast whiffed through the air. Kuan sat at the table and took a deep sniff of everything as if inhaling the scent too along with the food, Quickly, he chowed down all the food. Cheng was really a good cook just like Jason and he was grateful for the two rescuers who helped him from frozen/restaurant foods.

"Thank you Cheng. This is delicious."

"Welcome gege. Gege, can I tell you something?"

"What is it?"

"I know I am younger to you and am in no position to advice you anything especially your love life but...please forget about Zhanjin. He doesn't deserve you. I had gone through my share of pain. What I would say is move on from the past. It's difficult but don't let him show you are desperate for him. Find a good partner who loves you, respects you and cherishes you. That's the only way forward." Kuan didn't say anything but smiled genuinely.

---------------

TBC............