Chapter 7

It's been a month since Jason got a job as a mechanic in Shanghai in Kai's repair shop.

"Hey bro. Welcome to Shanghai. This is our empire."

"Hey, thanks man. Wow." Jason scanned the mechanic shop. Lots of cars and bikes stood in front of him. He had always wanted to be an ace racer and it was this driving force that made him follow his dream and passion. For him, it was not just about repairing cars or bikes...it was so much more than that.

Within a week, he modified certain bikes, taught several amateur bikers how to hold the gear, twist the throttle. The sound of machine further fueled the fire to become the best racer. All the workers of Kai's garage quickly became friends with Jason. They were all bonded with the love for racing.

"Guys, let's go." Jason was admiring at the graffiti painted at the walls of an open café where they all hung out after their work or at times whenever they needed a break. They sat on a bench when one of them spoke.

"Jason gege, do you know that this café, the garage and that motor cross track is all Kai's? We all are known Storm Riders and our boss and leader is the man himself – Kai."

Kai smiled. "Na, c'mon guys, I am not the boss Jason. That would be Zai...He was an all-time champion." Kai smiled sadly as he remembered his friend.

The other member spoke. "I have never seen him but Kai tells that there is no one who can beat Zai in racing."

Jason hummed and asked Kai. "Kai and Zai? Are you brothers? I mean the name...!!!"

"No we are not brothers Jason. Zai is his nickname. His name is..."

"Kai...." They turned around to see who it was. It was a man in his 40s. He was walking towards them.

"Aah...Sun." Kai smiled and introduced him to Jason.

"Jason, meet Sun our best coach. He trains amateur bike racers." Sun looked at Jason as if sizing him up. Kai clarified that Jason joined as a mechanic in the garage to which Sun simply nodded.

"So, Kai, when can I see the bikes?", Jason asked.

"Its in the track. Come let me show you." It was a racetrack for practice where passionate bikers can practice.

The moment Jason entered he knew this is where he belonged.

----

Another week had gone by and Jason was fixing the bikes. He was observing the racers who were trying to ace each other in the track. Sun was training them how to handle the gears but nothing was working.

It's like walking blindfolded through a minefield. He was pissed off.

"No matter how much you train them, they will never learn correctly."