Chapter 5

" Tessa stop right there!!", Andrew and Jake shout simultaneously behind me as I stride over to my light blue car.

Damn, just when I thought I lost them. I break out in a sprint, hearing their steps behind me. Al..most...there. Just as my hand touches the handle, I'm thrown over a shoulder. So close. I was sooo close!

"Why the hell have you been avoiding us!!" Jake yells, confusing written all over his face.

I chuckle nervously, not wanting to tell them that I have a street fighting match tonight. They have no idea that I street fight or anything about my past, especially Xander. They would FREAK!!

"Well you see. I.......couldn't find you guys!!!!", I say trying to look angry. Jake bursts out laughing and Andrew's ( who's shoulder I'm thrown over) chest rumbles with laughter, as he puts me on my feet.

"Y-you l-look like a mad k-kitten", they sputter between laughs, clutching their stomachs.

I decide to mess with them a little since they laughed at me. My lower lip trembles and I let a single tear fall. I sniffle just in case they don't believe me. Jake's face softens, but Andrew looks like he doesn't believe me. I hiccup and Jake folds me into his arms whispering that he was sorry. Andrew stands behind him, eyebrow raised.

" Oh my god, you actually believed me!!", I double over laughing. Jake scowls and Andrew snickers.

"Whatever. Anyways, you wanna go shopping. I need to buy you a dress.", Jake says and I roll my eyes. Hard to believe he's straight.

"Sure just let me call Amber's daycare. Can I use your phone.", I ask Andrew.

He nods and hands it to me. I dial the number and tell them I'll be two hours late. They jump in my car since they take the bus home, I'll be taking them to their houses.

We stroll into the Forever21 and Jake immediately walks to the Dress section. I look at the skinny jeans and crop tops. Jake practically skips over to me with a short dress and tells me to try it on. I sigh, walking to the dressing rooms. I smile, remembering the first time I met them on the first day I moved here.

FLASHBACK ( first day of sophomore year. Right after her mom died. They're still still sophomores in the present)

I robotically put my skinny black jeans on, and a plain, blue t-shirt. It's been three months since mom died. A lot has happened in three months. Dad's taken a turn for the worst, slapping me occasionally sometimes leaving bruises.

I tell myself that he's just grieving, that it's going to get better, but I know I'm just lying to myself. I still have nightmares about Xander , thinking that he's gonna kill me, but I know that he's in jail.

I've started street fighting to pay for the bills. Dad quit his job and we're just scraping by. I have also started taking care of Amber. It was the hardest thing for me to do, telling her that Mom had gone to heaven. It broke my heart hearing her cry. She's back to normal though talking about mom only when she wants to.

I change her myself and pour her a bowl of cereal. Dad's drinking Vodka on the couch. I lead her to a totally new daycare. She kisses me on the cheek waving goodbye, running inside. I smile softly and drive to school with my backpack hanging off one shoulder.

I glower at anybody who stares at me. The girls look at me with envy and the boys stare with lust. I watch as a scrawny boy and a tall kid get bullied by a buff boy. I catch words like gay and nerd and some... Not so nice words.

I start to amble towards them when the buff kid pushes him down. I do not to tolerate bullying. The victims quiver waiting for the blow that he's bound to make. I easily push the jerk to the floor, and strike him against the left side of his face.

He wails clutching his cheek. You have got to be kidding me. A group crowds around us high-giving me. I leave the bully on the ground and walk to my first class. I notice that the two boys follow me. I turn and they hold their hands out.

"I'm Andrew. The hot one obviously", the scrawny kid shakes my hand and I chuckle.

" And I'm Jake. Andrew just doesn't want to admit that someone's hotter than him", the tall one shakes my hand engulfing it in his big one. I grin at them. I can't believe I just made two friends already.

FLASHBACK ENDS.

"You okay in there, Tess", Jake yells shaking me out of the memory.

"Yeah", I shout shoving the dress on and glancing in the mirror.

The dress is a simple ocean blue stopping just above my knees. It flows outward at the bottom and has a sweetheart neckline. It accents my curves perfectly, and I can pair it with my leather jacket.

I saunter out of the dressing room and Andrew wolf-whistles. Jake just stares at me with a different feeling in his eyes, that I can't decipher. It kind of looks like....longing? That's impossible we're best friends. I don't even know if I like him that way. Woah, I'm getting way too ahead of myself.

"Jake?", he snaps out of his daze having a sudden interest in his shoes.

A blush tints his cheeks. Andrew and I share a look. His left eyes twitches slightly. He does that when he knows something. I narrow my eyes and mouth "you're going to tell me or you'll never live to to see the light of day". He looks away from me and I break the silence.

"Is it just me or its that boy checking you out Andrew", I ask looking at the cute ginger behind Andrew. He looks and a smile splits his face.

"Go get your Prince Charming Andrew", I tell him grinning. He walks over there and I realize that Jake and I are alone. I pay for the dress and we start towards the two lovebirds. Jake suddenly stops me and tells me something that I never saw coming.

AUTHORS NOTE: PLEASE READ

The picture at the beginning is of Andrew. I take no credit. Anyways, what do you guys think Jake's gonna tell her. Tell me in the comment and PLEASE write in the comments. If you like the book so far please hit the vote button. Next chapter I'm gonna post a picture of Jake. I'm also probably gonna do it in Jake's point of view. I also post quotes every day on my profile. On there tell me if any of you are going to watch the new Avengers movie. Question of the day: are any of you guys excited for Pitch Perfect 2.

Peace,
Guys