Chapter 20

Tessa's P.O.V

I look down at Andrew's body. He lays in a coffin with his hands crossed across his chest. He looks so peaceful even in death.

" I wish I could've helped you Andrew. I understand why you did what you did. You're like a brother to me. I'll never forget you."

Should've, could've, would've. But, I didn't. I wish I saw past his happy exterior. I wish that I questioned him when he was crying. I wish... That I was a better friend.

" You disgust me," I snarl as I pass his calm parents. They look up and flinch as they meet my angry, hateful eyes.

They were literally texting on their phones. I slap the phones out of their hands and stomp on them until they break. His parents sit there with a cool demeanor throughout the whole funeral.

" I hope you burn in hell," I growl at them. They look say me with emotionless eyes.

" Andrew deserved much better parents than you," I yell at them.

Everybody at the funeral turns to face us. And just like that, his parents are a crying mess. But, I can tell it's all an act. They want everybody to feel bad for them.

I hope Andrew is happy and at peace. Because, he deserves it. He really does.

***

" You got everything," Alex asks me. I nod and he gives me a brotherly hug. We decided that we love each other in a sibling kinda way.

Jake and I decided that we were better off friends. I haven't seen Warren since yesterday.

" Are you sure that this is what you want to do," Jake asks me hope tinting his words. I smile sadly.

" Yes. I'll miss you guys," I hold in the tears while they both give me a group hug.

" Bye Jake and Awex," Amber Waves good bye.

Alex picks her up and spins her around. She squeals and Jake hugs her. I smile at them. My family. This is my family.

" Well... We don't wan to miss our flight," I flip open the phone Jake gave me as a goodbye present.

" Goodbye's are not forever. Goodbyes are not the end. They simply mean I'll miss you, until we see each other again," Alex finishes his speech.

" Since when are you Oprah," I grin.

He blushes in embarrassment. I look back at them once more, memorizing their faces. There's a huge chance that I might not ever see them again.

I just wish Warren would've seen me one more time.

Amber buckles up and I drive out of the driveway when, I see something behind me. It's Warren waving his arms frantically, jumping up and down.

I open my door in confusion. Did something happen?

He runs up to me and smashes his lips against mine. I gasp in surprise and he takes the moment to enter his tongue in my mouth. He explores my mouth as I run my hand through his soft hair. He tastes like strawberries for some reason. I smile as we pull away simultaneously, gasping for air.

There weren't sparks like with Jake.

No. It was fireworks.

" Just one kiss. Something I can remember you," He breathes.

I softly trace the features of his face as I memorize it. His dark, green eyes that seem to change colors. His strong jaw. His soft, black hair. And his plump, sweet pink lips that taste like strawberries.

" Thank you," I smile gratefully at him.

" For what?" He tilts his head in curiosity.

" For everything," I peck his cheek and slide into my car. He stands in the same place as I drive away from him.

From my whole life.

And it may be my eyes playing tricks on me, but I think I saw a tear run down his cheek.

As I look at Amber in the rear view mirror, I realize how blessed I am. Despite all the bad things that happened to me. I'm still with my happy sister, safe, and off to start a new life.

I'll take everything that'll happen to me, the good and the bad, with my head held high.

I will pick myself up.

I will piece my heart together piece by piece.

After all, I'm a fighter.