Chapter 18

Tessa's P.O.V

" H-he wouldn't do that." Jake whispers shocked.

I didn't think he would do it either. I haven't told them about his betrayal yet. I don't know if I should. It wouldn't be right for them to be angry at him. He was just scared and lonely.

" Did you ever meet his parents," I ask him. Realization replaces his shock.

"No. But, he was always happy," he hangs his head in shame.

Warren places his hand on my shoulder and hugs me from behind. Tingles spread throughout my body. How the hell am I supposed to tell them about my dad and that I'm moving.

Wow, you really screwed up big time didn't you Tessa.

" Guys, I uh have something to tell you. And you're not going to like it," they stare at me with how-can-it-get-any-worse expressions.

Oh, it can. I take a deep breath and Warren squeezes me giving me courage. Alex and Jake glare at Warren's arms around me, but say nothing. I decide to start all the way at the beginning. Might as well.

" My mother died a year ago. She died in a car crash. It all started there. Amber was four," I look at each one of them. They share the same look of sympathy and understanding.

" Ny dad became isolated. He became a different person. H-he wasn't my dad any more," I bite my lip going down a not-so-fun memory lane.

" He started drinking. A lot. Call me worthless, stupid, a sl*t. I remember the first time he hit me," I replay the events.

Flashback

" Why are you drinking?! You have a little girl that You need to care for!" I spat as I look at my drunk dad sitting on a couch.

He glares angrily at me with glazed over eyes. I back away with a whimper. My back hits the wall and he stumbles over to me with a scary look in his eyes. He punches me in the stomach and I double over in pain.

" Never tell me what to do, you worthless brat," I scramble upstairs into Amber's room.

She sits in front of her dollhouse while mumbling softly to her Barbie dolls. I lock the door so, he can't come in.

" Do you think Momma's an angel up in heaven," she asks me with a sweet, hopeful smile. I kneel beside Amber and hiss inaudibly as pain shoots thought my stomach.

" Yeah, I do," I whisper as I look up to the ceiling. I know she's watching over us.

Flashback over

" Holy sh*t," is the first thing that comes out of their mouths.

I roll my tear-filled eyes. Warren sits shaking in anger while Jake and Alex just look pitiful as they stare at me.I stiffen and narrow my eyes at him.

" I don't want your pity," I snarl at them. They suddenly finds their sneakers very interesting and stay silent.

" I'm sorry," they mumbles sincerly. I sigh and run my hand through my hair.

" I'll kill him," Warren growls. His eyes darken to an almost black. I didn't know eyes could change colors.

He storms out of the door into the rain and I follow him. Water drenches my clothes and soaks my hair.

" Warren," I shout desperately as I try to catch up to him. I finally do and grip his arm. He freezes at my touch. I turn him around.

" Please calm down," I whisper as He interlocks my hands with him.

All the emotions I tried to suppress come to the surface as I look into his green eyes. His eyes hold tenderness and love. I fight an internal battle as I decide wether to take the safe route or take a risk.

" I lied," I whisper to him as I make my decision. His eyes widen and his face shows nervousness and excitement.

" I heard everything you said," I confess even though He knows.

" Why did you lie?" He asks pain lacing his words. I bite my lip.

" I was scared," I admit to him.

His eyes soften. I take a deep breath and peck him softly on the lips. His lips are slightly chapped yet still soft. Sparks fly. I pull away with a sad smile. His eyes open in confusion. Our first and last kiss.

" But, we can't be together. I'm moving and I don't want to hurt you," My voice quiets on the last six words. Or myself, I add quietly.

" Why can't you just take a damn chance?!" He shouts his eyes filled with pain and hopelessness.

" I can't. I just can't," something rolls down my cheek as I walk away from him. He doesn't follow me.

I can't tell if it's a tear or a raindrop. I fist my palms and shove them in my soaking sweatshirt.

I don't know what hurts more. The fact that my heart is shattering into pieces once again. Or the fact that I'll never talk to Andrew again.

Author's note

The picture at the top is of Tessa. Yes, I changed her look. I noticed that a lot of authors used her previous look a lot in their books.
I'm kind of on the fence about writing a sequel. And I'm really sad about the fact that I killed off one of my characters in the last chapter.
Please Give me your opinion on a sequel. If you would like me to write a sequel or just an epilogue.
TWO MORE CHAPTERS LEFT!
Bye,
My fellow cupcakes ( I don't even know why I call you guys this. I'm probably just hungry.)