Chapter 17

Tessa's P.O.V

" Wake UP!" I yell in Warren's ear.

He groans. I narrow my eyes. Well... Drastic times call for drastic measures. I skip into the bathroom and surprisingly there's a bucket. It's like the universe is approving what I'm going to do. I pick it up with a creepy smile and fill it up with freezing water.

" This is going to be fun," I hold it over him.

He's going to kill me but,... It's worth it. I dump it on him. Warren shivers and his eyes open. He rolls over trying to get away from the water. I hold in my laughter but, I let it out when Warren falls off the bed.

" You're s-so d-dead T-tessa," he stutters from the cold. I clutch my stomach as I bend over from laughing so much. My laughter dies down when I remember what I have to tell the boys.

" I'll wake up Andrew and Alex. You go gather Jake and don't wake up Amber. She needs her rest."

Warren seems to notice the change in my mood and nods. I head out in search for Andrew. I knock on a door and nobody answers. I open it quietly and my eyebrows furrow in confusion. The bed is made neatly and a letter sits on it.

It's addressed to me and I open the seal with my fingernails.

Dear,
Tessa

I have something to tell you. I know you're going to hate me, but I hope that someday you will forgive me.
I'll start from the beginning.

It was a week before you moved here. Xander had approached me with a deal. I would befriend you while I fed him the information he wanted. In exchange, he would offer me a place in his gang. I had thought of it as a family.

I was adopted, Tessa. My real parents died in a fire. Even then, my foster family never truly accepted me. They would beat me with their words.

Xander told me that the gang would accept me. The real me. Yes I was gay. That wasn't a lie. He told me that he wouldn't lay a hand on you. I now know that he is a liar. I would give anything to go back in time. To change what I did.

I can't take it anymore Tessa. I really can't. The words hurt so much. You helped me. You changed me. But, I can't do it anymore. This is my Goodbye. I loved you like a sister. I hope that you will forgive me for what I am going to do.

I wonder if I'll go to heaven. I guess I deserve to go to hell. I wonder if it's true. That I am worthless. That I never deserved to live.

I love you all. I hope that you live a good life. I hope you remember me even if I did hurt you.

I love life I really do, but I'm not cut out for this life. Don't blame yourself.

I'll say it one more time. I love you all. And I'm sorry. So sorry, for what I did. And, what I'm going to do.
Know that everything I said to you was not a lie. That all the good times we had wasn't lie.

That our friendship wasn't a lie.

With all my Love,
Andrew.

I drop the tear-stained letter and sink to my knees. It was a lie. It was all a lie. But... It wasn't at the same time. For the first time, I notice a light coming from underneath the bathroom door.

I walk to it and open it as if I was in a trance. My shaking hand covers my mouth as I look at a bottle of pills. It's all gone. I stare at the bathtub and look in, shaking like a leaf.

His doe-like, brown eyes are still open, but they're blank. No, I refuse to believe this.

" This can't be. T-this can't be real. It's a dream."

" It has to be," I place my head on his chest and listen.

Nothing.

I close his eyes with my shaky hand. I press a kiss on his forehead as I fulfill his only wish.

" I forgive you," I whisper in his ear.

Author's Note

That was a really emotional chapter for me to write. I cried while writing it and still am. Three chapters left. So, yeah. I'm really depressed right now after writing that.