Chapter 13 Part 1

The previous challenge said " I love to prank people with hot sauce."

Tessa's P.O.V

" Mommy!! Mommy," I yell jumping on her bed.

Santa Clause came last night. She doesn't wake up. I pout and move on to Daddy. Maybe I can wake him up.

" Daddy!! Daddy! It's Christmas! Wake up!," I shout. Daddy's eyes slowly open and he grins, showing off his white teeth.

" Hey, Strawberry Shortcake. Did you wake Mommy up yet," Daddy asks me.

I shake my head and look over at Mommy. She's sleeping with a smile on her face. Ooh, I have an idea on how to wake Mommy up. Mommy's very ticklish.

I creep over to her and my hands move slowly to her neck. Hehehe. Right before I tickle her, her eyes open. Urrrgh, so close. She moves lightning fast and hangs me upside down. She smiles at me. I try to wiggle out of her grasp.

" You didn't think you could tickle me when I'm asleep did you sweetie," Mommy says her voice sugary sweet.

Uh oh. My eyes widen. Mommy always talks like this before she or Daddy tickles me.

Soon enough, Daddy tickles my sides unmercifully. I giggle uncontrollably, squirming around. Mommy laughs along with me. Tears form in the corners of my eyes and Mommy finally lets go of my small feet. I fall to the bed a laughing mess.

" I love you Mommy and Daddy. Promise we'll stay like this forever," I smile at them.

Daddy has his arm around Mommy and is smiling lovingly at her.

" We promise," they say in unison.

***

My eyes open and I stand up. I take a deep breath, but smoke quickly fills my nose. I look around and see black smoke. Everywhere. Ah, crap. Well, you know what they teach you in school. Stop, drop, and roll. I stop in place, drop to the ground, and army crawl to the door. I grit my teeth together to keep myself from screaming in pain from my back.

I look up at the wooden door. It shouldn't be that hard to kick down. I take a deep breath and not so gracefully stand up. I hold my breath while I raise my leg up. I kick at it once. Twice. And finally kick it down. I drop to the ground once again and crawl down the hallway. My eyes sting with tears from the smoke. I cough and gag from the thick air.

" Tessa!!," I hear a couple of people yell out. Wait... Is that? No! It can't be. Oh, those stupid idiots!

Author's Note

I will post the next part tommorow. I'm sick with a serious stomach bug. Not fun. But I do get to sleep and watch Netflix all day. I hope you guys liked this really short chapter. I feel really sad about my new book " The Virus". It only has one read. So PLEASE if you have extra time, go check it out. Tell me in the comments of its good or not. Byyye!