1.

*This story starts when they enter the town during the first episode/chapter of the Demon Slayer story*

-

A boy and a girl were talking before the boy grabs a book and asks the girl, "Is this the book you were talking about?" "Yes," she said. He said, "Hey, this is the book my father read long ago. I didn't read it once since he always took it with him." The girl said, "This book is pretty long, so I think you should just borrow it and read it at home." The boy looked at the cover and it read,

A World with Demons.

Author: ---- ------

The boy asks, "The author's name is gone... What happened to it?" The girl said, "I know who wrote this but I won't tell you. You'll have to find out yourself." The boy was now intrigued. He opened the book and flipped to the first page and began reading.

-
Act I: Unwavering Resolve —
Chapter 1: Cruelty

Goku and Tanjiro enter the town that lives near their home. They also carried a basket filled with coal. One of the townsfolk greets the two, "Oh, Goku, Tanjiro! You both came down the mountain on a day like today? You both work so hard, you know? You'll catch a cold!" Another townsfolk yells, "Hey! I need some charcoal!" Another yells, "Thanks for fixing my shoji door the other day!" Some more people asked for some charcoal as a boy rips a shoji door open and screams, "Goku! Tanjiro! You're just in time! She says I broke a dish! Please, one of you smell it!" Tanjiro was the one to smell and says, "It smells like a cat." The woman says, "Oh? A cat?" The boy screams, "See? I told you it wasn't me!" A man from behind the boy dragged a bag along but says, "Tanjiro, Goku! Will you help me carry some bundles?"

- Time Skip -
Goku and Tanjiro's baskets were empty as they strolled up the path to their home. Goku says, "Man, it's getting late. We better hurry on to home before I get too hungry!" Tanjiro says, "You're always hungry, big bro." Goku laughs but was cut off by a man who says, "Hey, Goku, Tanjiro! You aren't going up the mountain, are you? It's too dangerous!" Goku says, "Don't worry, Mr. Saburo. We've got good noses so we'll be fine!" Saburo pushes, "You can stay here. Please. Just come back." Tanjiro mutters, "But..." Saburo yells, "It's all right. You're welcome here. You don't want to run into any demons." Both boys finally listened to Saburo and walked toward his home. They entered the house and Saburo prepared food for the two.
After a while, Saburo sat down, smoked a pipe and said, "For ages... man-eating demons have roamed these woods after dark. So you shouldn't walk around during the night. Eat, then sleep. You both will get up and head home early in the morning." Tanjiro asks, "But... can't the demons come inside the houses?" Saburo answered, "Yes... they can." Goku slowly says with a yawn, "But... then... Why won't they just eat everyone?" Saburo also answered, "Because the Demon Slayers cut them down. They've been doing that for ages." Tanjiro closes his eyes and thought, "Old man Saburo lives because he lost his family. He must be lonely. Next time, I'll be sure to bring Takeo and Shigeru. There's no need to fear. There's no such thing as demons. But... now that I think of it... Our grandmother used to say the same thing before she passed on."

- Time Skip to Morning -
Goku and Tanjiro bid their farewells to Saburo and finally make their way home. As they got closer, Goku felt uneasy but shrugged it off. Tanjiro was the second to feel the same and sniffed the air. He said, "The scent of blood. We should hurry, Goku." Goku nodded and both began to run. Tanjiro was breathing heavily from the running while Goku was kneeling beside a body. Tanjiro gasped and ran beside Goku while Goku asked the body, who was Nezuko, "Nezuko, what happened here? What's going o-" Goku looks inside and saw a gruesome sight. Tanjiro also looked inside and fell to his knees. Goku walked inside and, with pain, he thought, "Mother... Hanako... Takeo... Shigeru... Nezuko... Rokuta." Goku quickly picked up Nezuko's body and ran down the path. Tanjiro slowly caught up and asked, "What happened? What are you doing?" Goku says, "I have no idea what happened, Tanjiro. Let's just focus on getting help for Nezuko. Her body is the only warm out of the others." Tanjiro thought, "It's so hard to breathe! How is Nii-san able to run in this cold air?" Goku said, "Tanjiro! I need you to move faster! We still have a long way to go." Nezuko began to twitch and lean back. Tanjiro said, "Nezuko, what are you doing?" She begins to growl and thrash around, throwing Goku off course. Goku looked back and slipped off the cliff as he thought, "Oh no! I'm slipping!" Tanjiro yells, "Goku! Nezuko!" Goku lays on the snow as he thought, "The snow... It saved me. But it also made me slip." He jumps to his feet, looked up and says, "Tanjiro! Follow the path down, I'll find Nezuko and then we'll take off to the town."Tanjiro nods and takes off. Goku turns around and begins to look for Nezuko. After a good couple of seconds of looking, he found her and made his way as he said, "Nezuko!" Nezuko stood there looking down as Goku asked, "Are you okay? You shouldn't be up! Let me... carry you to the town! Nezuko." Nezuko looked up at him and snarled at him. She then lunged at him while Goku used the handle of his axe to cover her mouth. Goku had a height advantage so he held her back. Goku thought, "Is she a demon? What old man Saburo said was true. Was Nezuko a man-eating demon all this time? No, that's not possible. Nezuko has been a human... since the day she was born. But this Nezuko... she doesn't feel the same. She feels sort of sinister. But she couldn't have done any of that. We found her laying on top of Rokuta as if she was protecting him. She didn't have any blood on her mouth and hands. Another smell... And there's yet." Goku was cut off from Nezuko growing larger and stronger. He started to struggle to hold her back while he thought, "Whatever the reason, she's beginning to grow bigger... and getting stronger!" Goku took a step back to keep his balance and continued, "While we were safely asleep in town, something horrible happened to our family. They must've suffered. And I wasn't there to protect them. I have to save Nezuko if I can! But she's so strong! I can barely push her away!" Tanjiro finally ran up to his siblings and asked, "Nezuko! What are you doing?" Goku yells, "Nezuko! Hold on, Nezuko! Fight it! Fight whatever's going on! Be strong! Don't turn into a demon! You can do it!" Goku felt a warm droplet on his face and noticed that Nezuko was crying. Goku looked to his right and thought, "Who's this?" A man fell from the air and had a blade ready to cut down Nezuko. Goku reacted as fast as he could and was quick enough to dodge the man's blade. Tanjiro stood in the same place and thought, "Who... Who is that?" The man stood up and looked at Goku and Nezuko with a calm face. Tanjiro again thought, "A katana?"

Chapter 1: End.

- A Little Secret -
Tanjiro really admires Goku's strength and how huge his appetite is. He thinks of his brother as the coolest person in the entire world.

1308 words in total.