16.

"Those earrings."

-

- Chapter 16: Tamayo & Yushiro -

Both Goku, Tanjiro and Nezuko, who was let out by Goku, all followed the two demons as they carried both the injured woman and the recently-turned demon. As they walked, the woman introduces herself, "My name is Tamayo. And this boy here is Yushiro. Now that we've introduced ourselves, I would like to know your names." Goku points to himself while saying, "I'm Goku Kamado. And this here is my little brother, Tanjiro." Tanjiro said, "Hello." Goku asks, "Before... What did you mean when you want to see Muzan annihilated?" Yushiro barks, "Exactly what it means!" Tamayo shoots a glare at Yushiro as he props himself up, apologizing. Tamayo then said, "We'll talk more about this when we've reached our destination."

- Later -
Tamayo put the male demon in the basement with the help of Yushiro, Goku and Tanjiro. After that, Tamayo lays the injured woman in a bed while treating her wound. Tanjiro didn't refrain from asking, "Isn't treating human wounds unbearable for you?" Yushiro slaps Tanjiro's chest as he groaned from the pain. Yushiro snarled, "You think demons treat humans while choking back their own drool at the smell of blood?" After Tanjiro apologized, Tamayo stood up and said, "Stop it. Why would you resort to violence?" Yushiro looked down in guilt while Tamayo answered Tanjiro's question, "It's not bearable, you know. I believe it's much easier for me than for normal demons. Because I've tweaked my body considerably. I've also removed Kibutsuji's curse." Goku stepped up and asked, "What do you mean by tweaked your body and curse?" Tamayo walks towards a door while gesturing for the rest to follow. She also said, "Come this way." After the five entered the room, Nezuko ran to the mat and lays down. Tanjiro said, "Hey, Nezuko, that's bad manners!" Tamayo smiled and said, "That's quite all right. Please make yourselves at home." Tanjiro, Goku and the rest all sat down to talk. Tamayo says, "Now then, allow me to continue." As Tamayo spoke, Goku had his mind on something else. "I adjusted our bodies so that we can live without devouring humans. A small amount of human blood is all we need." Tanjiro whispered, "Blood," before saying, "You mean..." Tamayo continues, "You may find it distasteful, but what I do is buy blood under the guise of transfusions from those unable to make ends meet. Of course, no more than would impair them." Tanjiro thought, "I see. So, that's why I'm not picking up that scent unique to demons from these two. But they do need human blood after all. If blood is all they need, then Nezuko..." Tamayo adds, "Yushiro can get by with even less blood. I'm the one who turned him into a demon." Nezuko rubs her back on the mat as Tanjiro asks, "You did that? But..." Tamayo said, "You're right. It's generally held that no one but Kibutsuji can reproduce demons. That's more or less accurate. After more than two hundred years, I was only able to transform Yushiro into a demon after all." In his mind, Goku saw a hazy memory of a bright light and chatter from two people. He was interrupted by Tanjiro yelling, "Exactly how old are you, Miss Tamayo? Bahhh!" Yushiro thrusts his fist into Tanjiro's chest while yelling, "Don't ask a lady her age, you ill-mannered scoundrel!" Tanjiro coughs in pain as Tamayo said, "Yushiro! Next time you hit that boy, I'll make you regret it!" Yushiro instantly sat down and said, "Yes, ma'am!" Both Goku and Nezuko stared daggers at Yushiro as Tamayo says, "There's one thing I'd like to clear up with you two. I'm not trying to create more demons. I only perform the procedure on the terminally ill or those who are gravely injured in that they don't have long to live. And in those cases, I always ask them beforehand if they wish to live on as demons." Tanjiro begins sniffing, pulling off a pure scent from Tamayo while thinking, "The scent she's giving off is pure and devoid of deception." Tanjiro clenches his fists harder before Goku said, "Miss Tamayo, is there a way to bring back a human that was turned into a demon?"

- Somewhere Near -
Two people walk down an alleyway. As they walked, we would recognize the two as demons from before that were ordered to kill both Tanjiro and Goku from Muzan. The female demon had a black haori with an orange kimono and a tamari ball bouncing on the ground with her right hand. The other was a male demon with a yellow and black haori and a yellow kimono. Oddly enough, he sticks both his right and left hands out and revealed an eyeball in the palm of his hands. He then positions both hands toward the ground while the female demons asked, "Find anything?" The male demon said, "I can see. I can see footprints. This is it. This is it. Making a turn to the left over there. There are at least four of them. One of them is carrying some kind of big box." He then stood up while the female demon begins to bounce a temari ball on her opposite hand while asking, "How should we kill them, I wonder. I can feel the flow of power. Because of all the blood, he shared with me." The male demon said, "Of course, we're going to slay them vindictively."

- Back at Tamayo's Temporary Home -
Nezuko kicks her feet in the air while Tamayo said, "There is a way to turn a demon... back into a human." Tanjiro gasped before getting up to run to Tamayo. He was then planted to the floor by an angry Yushiro. He said, "Don't you dare get so close to Lady Tamayo!" Tamayo begins letting off an intense aura whilst saying, "Yushiro..." Yushiro sat down almost immediately before saying, "Yes, ma'am! I only threw him. Lady Tamayo. I did not hit him." Tamayo said with poison in her voice, "You mustn't do either." Yushiro yells, "Yes, ma'am!" Tanjiro gets up while rubbing his back before saying, "Please tell us how." Tamayo spoke, "For any kind of wound, there's always some kind of medicine or treatment. At this time, I'm unable to then a demon back into a human, but surely, that, too... However, we are dedicated to establishing such a method of treatment. Toward the end, I'd like to ask you to do something else for me. To produce such an elixir, it is necessary to study the blood of numerous demons.  I have two favours to ask of you. One, permission to study your sister's blood. Two, to retrieve blood samples from demons as closely related to Kibutsuji as possible. Nezuko's current condition is extremely rare and unique. I understand that she was asleep for two straight years, and I believe her body underwent changes during that time. Normally, any demon who went that long without consuming the flesh or blood of a human or beast would unquestionably go berserk." Yushiro thought, "Lady Tamayo is beautiful today, too! I'm sure she'll be beautiful again tomorrow!" Tamayo continues, "And yet, surprisingly, Nezuko shows none of those signs. This miracle will be the key to finding a solution." Both Goku and Tanjiro thought, "Nezuko..." Goku rubs Nezuko's forehead but she pulls it closer and holds his hand. Tamayo adds, "The other request I have for you is a harsh one. By 'demons related closely to Kibutsuji', I meant whose powers are more on par with those of Kibutsuji himself. It won't be easy to extract blood from such demons. Are you both still willing to go along with my requests?" Goku poured a huge amount of thought into her requests before saying, "If there's no other way, then we'll do it. If it means you're going to research all these demons' blood and create a medicine... If that does happen, that means it won't just be Nezuko. A lot of other people would be saved, too, right?" Tamayo smiles and said, "That's right." Tanjiro couldn't help but go red at Tamayo's smile. Yushiro then begins growling, causing Tanjiro to stiffen up. Just then, Goku and Yushiro felt something. Yushiro gasped and yells, "Get down!" A tamari ball pierced a wall before crashing and bouncing around the room, destroying the walls and furniture. Yushiro shields Tamayo while Goku shields both Nezuko and Tanjiro. Another tamari ball came crashing through the same wall but was recalled to the same location it came from, creating a huge hole to the left of Goku and the others. The same demons from before stood in the yard as the female demon caught the tamari balls. The male demons asked, "Did you decide how to kill them?" The female demon throws both her tamari balls at the five while answering, "Vindictively, of course!"

Chapter 16: End.

I may have some bad news for the other story. The story will either get discontinued or go into a long pause. One of the reasons is that I lost all my motivation for that story and it all went into this story.

- A Little Secret -
Two rumours are floating around Japan about two falling orbs.
Rumour 1: Around twenty years ago, a man was seen with a weird hairstyle and a weird-looking outfit around a crashed 'white ball'. Soon after his arrival, this man would venture out around Japan and he fought these people called 'demons' whose strength far surpasses their understanding.

Rumour 2: Another crashed white ball is seen in a forest and many believe that the same weird-looking man has returned from twenty years prior.

1622 words in total.