14.

"I can't tell you!"

-

- Chapter 14: First Mission (Final Part) -

The final demon repeated before sobbing, "I can't tell you! I can't tell you!"

- Inside the Demon's Mind (possibly before he became a demon) -
Muzan held the demon's original human body up by its neck while saying, "You mustn't tell. You mustn't tell anyone about me." The demon gags as foam and blood drip from his mouth. Muzan then put his index finger in front of his mouth while adding, "If you do tend to ll anyone, I'll know right away. I'm always watching you."

- With the Mission -
Tanjiro thought, "The smell of fear is strong. He's trembling all the way down to his bones!" The demon regenerates both his arms before yelling, "I can't tell you, all right?" The demon lunges at Goku but was met with a gut-crushing punch to his stomach. Goku then cuts the demon's head as it gags and crumbles, leaving nothing behind. Goku scrunches his eyebrows in anger because he wasn't able to get any information. Tanjiro thought in frustration, "We couldn't get any information at all yet." Nezuko begins to get sluggish before sitting down on the wall. Goku looked at Nezuko and walked to her. Tanjiro says, "She's asleep. She also stopped the bleeding, as well." Goku said, "I see that. So, she sleeps to recover." He then whispers, "Sorry, Nezuko. I made you fight. Just wait, I'll make sure that you turn unto a human again, okay?" Tanjiro tries to console Kazumi as Goku places Nezuko inside the box. Kazumi grabs Tanjiro's haori and yells, "What do you know about it? Kids like you?" Goku was about to intervene but Tanjiro softly grabs Kazumi's hand and shows a pure smile. Kazumi then realized what he's been through and let go of his haori. Tanjiro said, "We'll be on our way now." Before Tanjiro could turn around, Goku walks up to Kazumi, reaches into his haori, grabs the cloth that belonged to the demon and gives it to Kazumi while saying, "Before that, I think you should look into this, Kazumi. I hope anything in there should belong to Satoko's." Kazumi took it and opened it up while finding Satoko's red hairpin. He then begins to tear up before sobbing. Goku said, "We are leaving that young lady in your hands. Make sure she gets home safe, okay?" Kazumi nods before the two depart. While the two walked off, Kazumi then thought, "So, you two went through the same thing? Is that it?" Kazumi then shouts, "I... I'm sorry! That was an awful thing to say! Please forgive me! I'm so sorry!" Goku and Tanjiro turn around with Tanjiro waving and Goku having his fists resting upon his sides and smiling back at Kazumi. Kazumi thought, "His hand was heartbreaking to see. Hardened by relentless training and so thick. His hand isn't a regular boy's hand." The two then turn around leaving Kazumi to help the young lady.

- Small Time Skip -
While the two walked, side by side, Goku thought about the same thing as Tanjiro but was less angered. Tanjiro angrily thought, "It wasn't just us. How many people have you killed, tortured and tormented? Muzan Kibutsuji, I'll never forgive you as long as I live!" A crow flies down to Goku's side and announced, "Next up, Asakusa, Tokyo! Rumours of a demon lurking there!" Both Goku and Tanjiro had separate responses. Tanjiro was shocked and Goku was happy. Goku laughs and said, "We're heading to our next mission. I hope it stays like this, I've been itching for a fight my whole life." Tanjiro tried to protest but was met with a peck to the forehead from his crow.

- Huge Time Skip -
It is now night. Tanjiro, Goku and Nezuko all stood inside the city of Asakusa. Tanjiro was feeling a bit woozy while Goku was amazed at the sights. They begin to walk around the city while occasionally visiting nearby vendors. They then reached an alley and saw a man and a woman kissing. Tanjiro instantly went red and Goku shouts, "We're so sorry!" They bow and leave. After a few minutes, or so, of walking, they reached an uncrowded area. It had an udon shop with a man blowing out smoke. Goku approaches the shop and said, "Excuse me. Can we get twenty-six bowls of udon with grated yam on top, please? Twenty-five for me and one for him." The udon shop man was surprised and said, "Uh, s-sure thing!"
While the udon shop man prepared their meals, Tanjiro and Nezuko sat on the bench and Goku stood a few metres beside them. He thought about this strange recurring dream that would pop up now and then. It involved a green light but that was all he could recall. He was then met with the aroma of udon and quickly looked toward the shop. Tanjiro was the first to take his bowl and has a quick sip. Goku then grabbed his bowl but Tanjiro dropped his bowl and looked as if he'd seen a ghost. Goku looked at him and asks, "What's wrong? Are you all right, Tanjiro?" Tanjiro sniffs around and looked in a certain direction. Goku looked in the same direction and was instantly met with chills. Goku never felt this crazy strong and sinister energy. He thought, "That energy is scary strong! How did I not feel it before?" Tanjiro dashed in the direction of the scent with Goku yelling, "Tanjiro! Wait!" Tanjiro didn't stop but Goku quickly puts the box down and placed Nezuko inside. He then took off with the udon man yelling at him. Goku quickly turned around, paid for the food and ran to Tanjiro.

- With Tanjiro -
Tanjiro grabs a man's shoulder and he looked back with a disapproved look while having slits in his eyes. The man had a white hat, a black suit and white pants. Tanjiro thought, "It's him!" He reached for his blade but heard a small girl say, "Daddy?" Muzan turned around a revealed a small girl in his arms while changing his eyes to a more human-like one. She asks, "Who's that?" Tanjiro was shocked. He thought, "He's... He's... He's living here, pretending to be a human!" Muzan asked, "Is there something I can do for you? You seem to be quite flustered." A woman walked to the pair and said, "Oh my. What's going on?" The girl said, "Mother!" Tanjiro felt disgusted and covered his mouth and gripped his stomach. He thought, "They're humans! The girl and the woman... Their scent is human! Don't you know? Can't you tell? That this guy is a demon? That he devours humans?" The lady asks, "Do you know him?" Muzan said, "No. Much to my consternation, I've never seen this child before." He then drops his right hand while growing his nails. He adds, "He must have mistaken me for someone else." He closes his eyes and opens them with the slits reappearing while scratching a passerby. The woman said, "Oh, you think so?" The action didn't go unnoticed by Tanjiro, who gasped. The passerby held his neck in pain while Goku appeared behind Tanjiro. Goku was about to scold Tanjiro but the passerby staggered with a woman asking, "Dear, what's the matter?" Goku begins to feel the change in the man but was too late. The man had already changed into a demon and chopped into the woman's shoulder, causing her to scream out in pain. Tanjiro quickly pushes people aside while yelling, "Stop!" Everyone around watches in horror while Muzan covered his 'daughter's' eyes.

Chapter 14: End.

The chapter that includes the entire Saiyan history will be added soon. Like I said before, I created a different backstory so I will be able to add more Saiyans. I did this because some people asked for this in the first story and I wasn't about to deliver it properly because that story is in the final stages of its ending. Besides, that backstory is already set in stone so I can't just change it. If I do that, it will mess with the narrative of that story which causes problems for me to fix (throughout the entire story). I did it here because this story is just starting and it's at a perfect time for me to change some stuff.

- A Little Secret -
Unlike Tanjiro, Goku is unable to smell human emotions but can feel their emotions, if he focuses hard enough.

1425 words in total.