Extra II.

• DB Related Backstory •

Note(s):
•The Super Saiyan legend existed well before this chapter takes place.

•In this story, the Saiyans don't have Frieza to rule over them and Frieza was the reason the Saiyans had such great technology in the normal story. Instead, the Saiyans I'm this story find their own technological breakthroughs.

-

- Chapter Zero: History of the Crimson Saiyan -

- Author's POV -
Long ago, the Saiyans developed a plan to stop the never-ending war that the Evil Saiyans started long ago. The Saiyans found a way to multiply their power exponentially, with it being way more powerful than the 'Super Saiyan' legend. A Saiyan by the name of Yamoshi was chosen by the leader to use that power to end the war. They waited for almost an entire year for the next attack by the Evil Saiyans. While waiting, Yamoshi had a family and a child. When they finally attacked, Yamoshi and five other ancient Saiyans stood in a circle. The five Saiyans held hands while the outer two Saiyans had their hands on Yamoshi's back. It took a while but Yamoshi was lifted into the air and engulfed with a blue flame. It then dispersed and revealed a red-haired Yamoshi, who looked younger and slimmer than before. None of the Saiyans around him were able to sense his ki. He was then ordered to take out the attacking Evil Saiyans who now transformed into their Oozaru forms. After defeating a few, Yamoshi's red glow begins to flicker with his power rapidly decreasing. The Evil Saiyans begin to slowly overwhelm him while inflicting more and more damage. Yamoshi was then joined by many other Good Saiyans to fend off the Evil Saiyans, but due to the amount of damage he received, Yamoshi died. After the Evil Saiyans fled, the Good Saiyans decided to name the new form 'Super Saiyan Red' or 'Super Saiyan God'. The Good Saiyans used the form but quickly noticed its drawbacks so they stopped using that form as time passed. Yamoshi's offspring would also start a family after a while.

Hundreds of years later, Yamoshi's child successfully birthed children and so on. The child's most known descendant was Bardock, who led most of the raids on the Evil Saiyans and brought most of his men home safely. Bardock was well respected and was tasked with a squad. His squadmates were named Shugesh, Borgos, Fasha and Tora. He also had two children with a Saiyan woman, named Gine. Their children were named, Raditz and Kakarot. When the Evil Saiyan leader, Vegeta the III, would see Bardock's signature hair, he would sometimes go overkill with his troops which drove them back. Bardock and his squad were sent home with many wounded Saiyans, as themselves, but brought home. The Good Saiyans noted a rise in mutations on both sides. That mutation included a Saiyan whose power is even greater than any other at birth. The Evil Saiyans took hold of that mutation and generated more offspring with that genetic mutation and used them specifically for the war.
One day, a green light appeared over the horizon of the Good Saiyan's planet. Nobody knew what it was but knew it was trouble. The green light spat out tiny ki-blasts which left the Saiyans confused. But as the small ki-blast made contact with the ground, it created a huge, green explosion that destroyed some buildings. Everyone was on high alert and charged at the green light. Bardock was the first to close in but saw a huge, bulking Saiyan (A/N: Please note that this is not Broly.). It had green spiky hair with no pupils. It sent many more ki-blasts down to the planet and he punched the Saiyan but dealt no damage. The Evil Saiyan smirks and kicks Bardock in the stomach, sending him hurdling into a building. Tora and Shugesh, along with some other Saiyans, fought with the bulking Saiyan but they did no damage and most were killed. Bardock was shocked at the Saiyan's power and thought about the Legendary Super Saiyan. He shook it off as just a myth and charged at the beast once more. Both Tora and Shugesh were put out of commission while Fasha and Borgos brought another wave of Saiyans. Bardock, Fasha, Borgos and all the other Saiyans fought with the Saiyan for a good eight minutes while it had a sinister grin the whole time. Bardock was punched away from the battle and landed near his home. He was seriously injured because he was shielding most of the Saiyans who had difficulties keeping up with the fight. When he got up, he heard a huge explosion to his right and saw a hole. He flew toward the headquarters in hopes of finding something useful. He found a Saiyan space pod on the landing deck and immediately took it back. When he got back, he told his plan to Gine, but she refused. Bardock didn't listen to her protests and removed Kakarot from his incubation chamber. Gine finally gave in because she knew that the thing outside would eventually take them all out.