23.

"Here goes... Comin'...through!"

-

Story Note(s):
• I will be skipping this upcoming scene (Tanjiro and the Boar Man's little scrum) and Tanjiro's battle with the former Upper Moon since we know what will happen. The fights will go the same, as Tanjiro uses the same breathing form as he did in the anime/manga to finish off the demon. A change exists and that is Tanjiro fighting even more effectively than his original counterpart.

-

- Chapter 23: Hidden Power Awakened Through Sleep -

Goku, Zenitsu and the boy in blue all slowly walk down the hallway, with Zenitsu shaking and breathing very heavily. The boy, who was behind Goku, said, "Excuse me, Zenitsu." Zenitsu screams before Goku quickly covers his mouth. Zenitsu then growls before removing Goku's hand. He then jumps on the boy and says, "Signal... Signal... Signal... Signal me first!" While Zenitsu clung to the boy, Goku looks around the area, searching for Tanjiro's presence. He thought, "I barely felt his energy before disappearing. That thing I saw earlier was beside him, but not anymore." During his thoughts, Zenitsu and the boy continued their conversation. Zenitsu, who caught Goku from his thoughts, said to the boy, "If that had come to pass, that would've made you a murderer! You got that!" "Don't overreact!" said Goku. The boy, who looked exhausted, had said, "Well, you see... You've been sweating, gasping and shivering so horribly." Goku felt something down the hall behind Zenitsu. He shoved it off as another one of those weird feelings he gets when he gets nervous. Zenitsu said, "What about it? Aren't I doing the best I can here?" The boy said, "Well, forgive me for saying so, but... You're kind of making me nervous, too, so..." Zenitsu shouts, "Oh no! Sorry about that! Even still! Even still! If we talk too much, those demons and all will..." Goku said, "That's exactly why I'm telling you to quiet down, Zenitsu!" Goku felt it again. He quickly looked into the area where he felt the energy, scaring Zenitsu. The boy and Zenotsu wuikcog hugged each other in fear as Goku reaches for his sword. Zenitsu slowly looked into the area Goku was looking at. A demon crawled from under a wooden floor while saying, "A couple of kids. Probably most agreeable to the tongue." Zenitsu screams, "What did I tell you? A demon showed up! A demon showed up, understand!" The boy looked at Zenitsu as if he was to blame.
Zenitsu quickly grabs Goku's haori and the boy's and quickly sprints away from the area while screaming to the demon, "Stay away! Stay away from us! Stop that!" The long-tongued demon was chasing closely behind them. Goku was wondering how Zenitsu was able to run at this speed while carrying two people. He also said, "Zenitsu, let go! Let go!" Zenitsu yells, "No! I won't let you get eaten by the demon! If you die, that'll be on my conscience until the day I die! And I don't want that, you hear?" Goku commanded, "Zenitsu, just let go!" Zenitsu shouts back, "I will not!" While Zenits shouted, the demon saw the perfect opportunity to strike. He whips his tongue at Zenitsu's back but was stopped by Goku. He angles his leg to the ground and quickly kicked himself out of Zenitsu's grip while simultaneously redirecting the tongue to a water-filled vase to their left with his foot. Zenitsu stops and yells, "What was that? Quick-tongued! Splitting a vase in two!" The demon charged at Goku but Zenitsu persisted in dragging Goku. He grabs him by the collar again and jumps into the room behind them when the demon whips his tongue at them again. He also yells, "That's just not possible!"
The shoji doors are destroyed as the three burst into the room. Goku quickly stood up and yells, "Zenitsu, stand up! This is no time to wimp about!" Zenitsu cries, "I can't! Eighty percent of my feat is in my knees!" The boy said, "Zenitsu, this is no time to whine! Get up, please!" Zenitsu said, "Just leave me behind, okay? Make a run for it!" Goku sighed before yelling, "Are you crazy? I... We aren't doing that!" Goku saw Zenitsu gasp before shivering in a still position. Goku said, "Shoichi! Take Zenitsu and run! I'll handle this demon!" Shoichi shakily said, "O-Okay!" The demon enters the room, prompting Goku to turn to it, standing in a defensive position. The demon said, "Just for that... I'm gonna guzzle all of your brains through your ears!" This set Zenitsu off.
He fell down.
This shocked Shoichi. A snot bubble appeared under Zenitsu's nostril. Shoichi had Zenitsu in his arms and shouted, "Zenitsu! Zenits-" Goku and Shoichi finally caught onto what happened to Zenitsu. Goku's jaw drops as quickly as Zenitsu hit the ground. Zenitsu snored as Shoichi thought, "He's fast asleep." The demon got closer to the three and asks, "What's up with him?" Shoichi begins dragging Zenitsu but very slowly. Goku notices this and decided to help. He slowly backs up and whispered to Shoichi, "Open that door and then we'll make a run for it. I will fight this demon when either Zenitsu is awake or gone, got it?" Shoichi said, "Okay..." Shoichi turns to the door and slowly opened it. The demon said, "Don't try to run! Many of the boys I've eaten tried to run, but I still caught up to them! What makes you think you're any different?" Goku smirked before saying, "I'm different, all right. Now come at me!" Goku was waiting for the perfect opportunity to slice the demon's tongue so they can make a run for it with Zenitsu. The demon laughs and yells, "Then take this!" The demon whips its tongue at Goku but was cut off by Zenitsu. Goku didn't know what happened when the cut-off part of the tongue drops to his foot. He quickly looked at Shoichi but noticed Zenitsu's changed demeanour. It was different from his timid behaviour. This one felt stoic and serious. He then stood on his feet, confusing Goku even more. He thought, "Is he still asleep?" Zenitsu then leaned forward while stretching his left foot back and holding his scabbard and handle on his sword. Goku noticed the change in breathing while feeling the sudden surge of power coming from Zenitsu. The demon thought, "Wh-what's this sound? This guy... He's giving off a different vibe!" Goku muttered, "Zenitsu..."
Zenitsu pops the sword out of the scabbard with his thumb while holding it still with his right hand. He said/used,

Thunder Breathing,
First Form:
Thunderclap and Flash.

Zenitsu's body had short bursts of electricity around him. Dust begins picking up around the area with Shoichi covering his mouth and eyes with his arms. Zenitsu launched at the demon at a speed not even Goku could see. As he appears above the broken doors, Goku and Shoichi had their jaws dropped at the sheer speed of Zenitsu. After cutting off the demon's head, Zenitsu woke up to see the head bouncing and rolling to his foot. He screams, "It's dead! All of a sudden, it's dead! What the hell? I can't take this! What is this? What is this? Yuck!" Zenitsu noticed the sword in Goku's hand and assumed it was him. Goku and Shoichi were both baffled. Zenitsu reached his hand out and said, "Goku... Don't tell me..." Zenitsu jumps onto Goku while yelling, "Thank you! You saved our lives! I shall be eternally grateful to you for this! Why didn't you tell me that you were so powerful?" Goku said, "Huh? What are you talking about? You were the..." Zenitsu looks at Goku and asks, "Did you say something...?" Goku shook his head and said, "Never mind. Let's get going, yeah?"

- With the Boar Dude -
The boar man was sprinting down a corridor, both arms propped behind him. He also said, "Damn! He sent me flying again! It's been like this for the last three days, dammit! Making my way through a cramped building like this... It's just not my thing for crying out loud!" During his run, the Boar Man saw an arm come from around the corner. He immediately stopped and backflips to dodge the hand. An obese demon reveals itself from around the corner and said, "Hey, you dodged me. You seem to be a pretty fresh human. Your flesh will be well worth gouging out!" The Boar Man exhales before saying/using,

Self-taught...
Beast Breathing,

"It's gonna be so worth it to shred such a huge target!" The Boar Man grips both his swords before charging at the demon. It chuckled before saying, "You've got guys to charge me head-on like that!" It started walking toward the Boar Man while reaching both arms out. The Boar Man slashed both arms off leaving the obese demon yelping. Blood spurts from the now-cut-off hands and arms onto the floor. The Boar Man chuckles like a madman before saying, "Flaunt your corpse and serve as my springboard!" The Boar Man then pulls both swords to his sides and swung them at the demon's neck, cutting it off. He also finished,

Fang Three:
Devour!

He stomps the obese demon down and pushed himself down the corridor. He laughed again while taking off, as the demon disintegrated. As he ran, he said, "Comin' through! Comin' through!"

- With the Tsuzumi Demon -
The tall demon walks down the hallway while muttering to himself, "Marechi... Marechi... If I can just devour some... Fifty... No, a hundred humans' worth... I gotta search for more humans with mariachi and consume them. That way... I can reclaim my spot among the Twelve Kizuki!" The demon puts his right hand in his face and positions his right eye so that it is now visible to anyone who looked at him. The other stayed in place. When he did that, his right eye had a scratched-out Kanji for

L̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶M̶o̶o̶n̶ ̶S̶i̶x̶.

-
Chapter 23: End.

- A Little Secret -
Tanjiro dislikes it when Goku would ask people to fight for no reason at all.

1699 words in total.