5.

"I accept you both as my students, Goku and Tanjiro Kamado."

Notes:
•Tanjiro still has his long hair because he wasn't the one with Nezuko.
•The Bolded Italics mean that either Tanjiro or Goku will be narrating (whoever is speaking will be stated before the sentence starts).*

– Chapter 5: Goku & Tanjiro's Training –

- The Next Morning -
Tanjiro writes inside a journal while quickly glancing at a sleeping Nezuko. He then closes the journal and dims the candle next to him. Goku and Sakonji wait outside the room for Tanjiro as he gets ready for their first day of training. Needless to say, Goku was beyond excited for his first time training with Tanjiro. He tried to get him to spar with him so many times when they were younger but Tanjiro would always decline. Tanjiro exits the room while again glancing at Nezuko. Goku knows how worried Tanjiro is but decides to say nothing. Sakonji stood up and said, "Let's go."

- Time Skip -
While walking toward their training location, Sakonji begins to explain the fundamentals of the Demon Slayer Corps and the demons, "The Demon Slayer Corps has several hundred members. It's an organization unrecognized by the government. Yet it's existed since ancient times, and we continue to hunt demons today. But as for who's leading the Demon Slayer Corps, that remains a mystery. Demons. Staple food... Humans! They kill humans and feed on them. No one knows when and where they first appeared. Their physical prowess is remarkable. Wounds heal in the blink of an eye. Their flesh is restored after being hacked off, and limbs can be newly regenerated. Some demons can shape-shift. Others have otherworldly powers. They can only be killed by sunlight or by decapitation with a special sword. The Demon Slayers battle the demons with their own mortal bodies. Since they're human, their wounds are slow to heal, and, once lost, their limbs don't grow back! Even so, they battle the demons... to protect other humans."

- another Time Skip -
Both Tanjiro and Goku run down a mountain with Goku being the one to lead. Goku challenged Tanjiro to race to see whoever was the first to go down. Tanjiro knows who will win but still agreed because he wanted to have fun.

- Before The Two Climbed The Mountain -
Before the two climbed the mountain Sakonji explained, "I am a trainer. I literally train swordsmen. There are many trainers and each of them trains their pupils with their own regimen in their location. To join the Demon Slayer Corps, you must survive the Final Selection process held on Mount Fujikasane. Whether or not you're eligible for Final Selection is up to me."

- Back With The Two -
Both Tanjiro and Goku jump over a rope.

Tanjiro: Starting today, I'm going to keep a journal for Nezuko. I and Goku will be descending the mountain again today. We both promised to train our absolute hardest so we won't die during the Final Selection."

Goku was about to get hit by a log but dodged it while Tanjiro jumps over a rope.

Tanjiro: After repeatedly descending the mountain, day after day, I'm learning how to avoid most of the traps. It's because I'm much stronger now and because I'm more adept at detecting scents than before. Even so...

The two run side by side with a few knives hurdling at the two. Tanjiro stepped to the side and looked at the knives in fear.