34.

"My beloved children..."

-

Story Note(s):

•Unlike the last story, this chapter will skip the last half of the trial and move on to the Butterfly Training section. The story is the same, with a small change like Katsuo pledging to allow Nezuko to live.

-

- Chapter Thirty-Four: The Mansion of Butterflies -

After the trial, another Kakushi arrived to take the Kamado family to the Butterfly Mansion. After taking the family to the mansion, they all walk in the main entrance, and one calls out, "Hello! Is anyone home? Hello..." Another, which was the one carrying Tanjiro, said, "Jeez, no one's coming to the door." The third, who carried Goku, suggests, "Let's go around to the yard... Maybe someone should be there." The three then walked to the yard.

As they walked, the Kakushi carrying Tanjiro asked, "Why don't you both walk on your own?" Tanjiro apologized, "I'm sorry. It's just that my whole body is aching like crazy." Meanwhile, Goku laughed before getting off the Kakushi's back and forced himself to walk, ignoring the fatigue. Soon after, Tanjiro says to himself, "The headquarters was huge, too, but this mansion's something else, huh?" With a smile plastered on his face, Goku responds, "From the looks of it, it's nearly four times bigger than the headquarters." Goku then spotted a butterfly and held his hand out to allow it to land on his finger. He whispers to himself, "Wow, these things are pretty." He begins walking with the five while examining the butterfly on his finger.

The six walk around the corner and see an entire yard full of butterflies. They then see the same two girls from last night. The twins that nearly killed Nezuko. The kakushi carrying Tanjiro said, "Hey, there's someone. Someone's here." The female Kakushi said, "They would be, um... oh, right! The Tsuguko... Their names are..." Tanjiro interrupts, "Tusguko?" The one carrying Tanjiro said, "They're Masters Kanao Tsuyuri and Makino Tsuyuri. They're twins."

Goku had an uneasy feeling with those two but noticed Tanjiro was staring a little too hard at one of them. Tanjiro said, "It's the girl from Final Selection." Goku then asks, "But where was the other one?" The female Kakush explained, "From what I heard, Makino has more talent than Master Kanao. Master Kanae took note of this and allowed her to enter the Final Selection much sooner than her twin. But that could just be a rumour." Goku's Kakushi answered Tanjiro's question, "A Tsuguko is a swordsman trained by a Hashira. Only the ones with mind-blowing skills and talent get chosen. They're girls, but they're awesome!"

The female Kakushi approached the two and bowed before saying, "Please forgive us, Masters. We were ordered to come here by Master Kanae Kocho. Permission to enter the mansion?" The girl on the left, who had a butterfly on her finger, kept the same smile she had when they arrived. The female Kakushi adds nervously, "Uh, do you mind?" Since the girl didn't talk, the one on the right slightly nudged the other before speaking, "Yes. You have full permission to enter the mansion. As usual, place the injured in the infirmary. There, they will wait for either Master Kanae, Shinobu or Aoi." The female Kakushi heaved a sigh before saying, "Thank you."

The four then walked to the infirmary while Tanjiro looked back at the two. Goku took notice of this again and whispered to him, "Hey, it's rude to stare, you know." Tanjiro said, "I wasn't staring. Besides, the one with the purple hairpin looks familiar. Haven't we seen her before?" Goku begins to dig deep within his memories. All he saw was that mysterious family long ago and said, "I...don't think so." If we did, I probably would've remembered."