22.

Both Goku and Tanjiro looked at the mansion with slight anger evident on their faces.

-

- Chapter 22: Tsuzumi Mansion -

Zenitsu, and the two kids quiver at the sight of the body. Goku took one final look at the man's face before setting him down. He then asks, "Is this man your...?" The boy in blue shouts, "I-It's not Brother. Brother's wearing a persimmon-coloured kimono." Goku thought, "So there are more than just these two? We need to save them before anything happens to any of them." He puts his hands together and bows before thinking, "I'm sorry, but I promise to bury you when I return." He turned to Tanjiro and Zenitsu while yelling, "All right. Let's go!" Tanjiro walked to him while Zenitsu shook his head no. Tanjiro butts in, "But there is no one who can help them but us." Zenitsu stood as still as a rock. This angered Tanjiro a lot. He looked down while having a scary expression while saying, "Really? All right, then." This scared Goku and Zenitsu with Zenotsu being the one to yelp. Tanjiro started walking inside, leaving Goku and Zenitsu behind. Zenitsu then grabbed onto Tanjiro while yelling, "Hey, come on! Why are you making that ogre face at me? Okay, I'll go!" Tanjiro said with an angered tone, "I have no intention of forcing you to." Zenitsu cried, "I said I'll go!" As Tanjiro walks to the entrance of the mansion, Zenitsu gets dragged behind Tanjiro. Goku then removes the straps from his shoulder and was to the two kids and placed the box in front of them. He also said, "I'm going to leave this box behind if something were to happen to you. If something did happen, this box will be there to protect you. Okay, the three of us will be going now." Zenitsu finally stood up and both gazed at Goku who walked toward them. Tanjiro finally noticed the bulk Goku gained in those two years of harsh training. Goku now looked like a brute compared to his younger version. Tanjiro then turned to the door and slid it open when Goku approaches the two. When he opened it, Tanjiro saw how dark it was inside. Jars, barrels and lights were placed all around inside and the three finally entered the mansion. They walked deeper into the mansion and walked around a corner. Lights flickered as Zenitsu said, "Goku! Tanjiro! Hey, guys! You'll protect me, right? You both will protect me, right?" Both siblings stopped and turned to the blond varied boy. Goku was the first to speak up, "Zenitsu. I have no idea if I'll be able to protect both of you. During our last mission, I fractured my arm and a couple of ribs. Both have yet to heal, but I believe Tanjiro will be able to protect himself and you if I am unable to do it." Zenitsu screams, "What do you mean, broken bones? Don't go breaking any bones on me! If you got fractures, then we are all done for! Done! What am I gonna do? What am I gonna do? I'm gonna die now! Gonna die, gonna die, gonna die! Broken bones? How could you? We're all dead now! 99.9% dead!" While Zenitsu spazzed out on the ground, Tanjiro begins to say, "Zenitsu, quiet down! We'll be all right!" Zenitsu cried, "Don't sugarcoat it!" Tanjiro said, "I'm not! I can tell, all right? Zenitsu, you're-" Goku yells, "No!" Zenitsu also screams at Goku's sudden yell. Tanjiro looked up and said, "Hey, you both shouldn't be here!" The boy in blue said, "M-Mister, we heard scratching sounds from inside that box!" Goku sweats and said, "Still, it hurts to know that you left it behind!" The little girl in pink approaches Goku while Goku reaches out to her while he adds, "That thing is more precious to me than my own life!" Goku gave the little girl to Tanjiro before saying, "Hold on, I'm going to go-" A bang and tremors suddenly filled the area. Everyone looks around in fear except for Tanjiro and Goku. Zenitsu screams before bowing down in fear, also knocking Tanjiro and the little girl into a room behind them. Goku turns to Zenitsu while he said to Tanjiro, "Sorry, my butt..."

Pon!

Tanjiro and the little girl were suddenly transported to another room, leaving the other three behind. Tanjiro gasped and looked around the room. He heard the same sound again. When the sound happened, the room also changed. This happened five more times. Tanjiro thought, "It's a different room. No. Were we the ones that moved? To the beat of that tsuzumi?" The little girl shivered and whimpered, catching the attention of Tanjiro, who looked at her and said, "Sorry you got separated from your brother, okay? But I'm going to protect you no matter what. My brother Goku and Zenitsu will protect your brother. Don't worry! What's your name?" The little girl in pink answered, "Teruko." Tanjiro said, "Is that right? Teruko? That's a fine name you have-" Tanjiro caught the scent of something outside the open door directly ahead of him. He then heard footsteps getting closer. When it got closer, a giant pale foot revealed itself. A giant demon, with tsuzumi drums fused to its body, walked from the corner. Teruko was about to gasp but Tanjiro quickly covered her mouth. He thought, "Among all the scents inside this mansion, this is the strongest one! This one's devoured a whole slew of demons! This one's the master of this mansion!"