25.

"I'm going to bury more than any one of you!"

-

- Chapter 25: The House with the Wisteria Family Crest -

After burying all the bodies, the seven begin heading down the mountain, with Goku and Tanjiro convincing Inosuke to follow. Goku and the others had to separate from the siblings during their descent down the mountain. Goku's crow caws to Kiyoshi, "Hold your hands out!" Kiyoshi followed the instruction and the crow spat out a bag. It explained, "That will ward off demons. You with marechi, keep that on your person!" Tanjiro approached Kiyoshi and said, "It smells like wisteria." "Wisteria?" asked Kiyoshi. Tanjiro explained, "It's a flower that demons can't stand. You should hold onto that." The crow cawed, "Demon repellent! Demon repellent!"
In the background, Inosuke could be seen smashing his head against the trees behind them. The three siblings waved to the four, "We're truly grateful! We can get home on our own," said Kiyoshi. Goku, Tanjiro and Zenitsu waved while Goku said, "Take care!"
After the three left, Goku's crow flew into the air and said, "Now then, follow me!"
The crew glides through the air while Inosuke barks, "Fight me! I swear I'm gonna find your weak point and bring you down, loser!" Goku said, "My name isn't 'loser'! It's Goku Kamado!" Inosuke said, "Kunu Gonpachiro! I'm gonna take you down!" Goku asks, "Who are you talking to?" Inosuke yells, "You, of course!" Goku argues, "That's not me!"
Zenitsu whispered to Tanjiro, "Those two sure can get annoying..."

-
- Night -

The Moon shone brightly into the sky. Goku couldn't take the liberty to enjoy it. The four finally arrived at their destination, which was a building in a clearing of the forest. On the fence that surrounded the building, an insignia sat on it. Tanjiro examined it and said, "A wisteria family crest..."
Tanjiro's crow lands on Goku's right shoulder and screams, "Rest time! Rest time!" Goku quickly covered his ears as the crow continued, "Since you've sustained injuries, you're to rest until you're fully recovered!" Tanjiro looked at it and asked, "You sure it's okay to rest? I don't have that many injuries, you know." The crow laughs, "Ke-ke-ke."
Inosuke poked the crow while saying, "Let's eat this thing." Goku quickly shook the crow off and knocked on the fence door.
Soon after, an old lady arrives to open the door. She said, "Yes?" Goku said, "Oh... Sorry to bother you this late at night." Zenitsu cried, "A monster! It's a monster!" Tanjiro yells, "Hey you!" Inosuke walked to the old lady while saying, "Who the hell are you?" The old woman bowed and said, "I see you're a demon hunter." Inosuke pokes the old woman's hair bun while saying, "You look pretty weak!" Tanjiro yelled, "Hey!" The woman gestures to the boys to come in.
The boys followed the woman. Zenitsu noticed something and said, "That old lady sure walks fast!"
The old woman leads the boys inside the building and says, "This is where you'll be staying."
They followed her to two rooms, where she gave them a change of clothes and some food.
Zenitsu screams, "She has to be a monster, Tanjiro! That old lady's a monster! She's so quick, it's eerie! She's a monster! A monster hag-" Tanjiro punches Zenitsu's head. The four begin eating the food with Inosuke and Goku eating as fast as they could.
Since Inosuke didn't grow up with a family, he ate like a literal pig while Goku used chopsticks because he grew up with one. Zenitsu said to Inosuke, "Use your chopsticks." Inosuke took one of Goku's tempura, angering him. Goku yells, "Hey, That was mine! I was sharing it for last!" Inosuke snickers scornfully before taking another in his hands. Goku quickly tackles him and the two fight for the final tempura. Zenitsu and Tanjiro sighed before continuing on with their own meals. The fight ends with Goku sitting on Inosuke's back, holding his arm back and also holding his mouth open.

-
- Later -

The four the old woman to a room where she gave them four beds to sleep on. She sat and said, "Your bedding." Zenitsu screams, "There she is! The monster hag-" Tanjiro pops Zenitsu upside the head once more. Inosuke quickly took a bed while saying, "First come, first served! I'm taking this one!" Tanjiro said, "That's fine. Sleep wherever you want. Where are you two going to sleep?" Inosuke, now angered, grabs his pillow and smashes it in Zenitsu's face.

-
- Later (Anutha Wun) -

The old woman opens the door, and beside her, was a doctor. She announced, "Here is the doctor." The doctor bows and greets, "Hello." He inspects every one of them and said, "Hmm... Yes. Severe!"

The boys lay in their beds. Zenitsu mutters, "Who would have guessed that three of us had broken ribs?"

Zenitsu: Two Broken Ribs
Goku: Three Broken Ribs
Inosuke: Four Broken Ribs

Inosuke moves the bangs from his forehead and admits, "This knot hurts more than my ribs." Goku said, "Well deserved, but sorry." Inosuke didn't say a word.
It was quiet until Zenitsu asked Tanjiro what the wisteria family was all about. Tanjiro explained, "According to the crow, this house with the wisteria crest belongs to a family that was once rescued by demon slayers. That's why they take care of people for free if they're a demon slayer. That's what I was told, but I never thought they'd show us this much hospitality." Inosuke asks, "Just how great is the Demon Slayer Corps?" Goku asks, "Now talking about it, why did you join the demon slayers, Inosuke?" Inosuke said, "Huh?" Zenitsu asks, "You had some kind of reason, didn't you?"
Inosuke began explaining, "A member of the Demon Slayer Corps barged in on me on my mountain, so we competed to see who was stronger, and I seized his sword." Everyone made a fave of pity toward Inosuke. He continues, "And then, I heard there was something called Final Selection, and the fact that demons do exist." Tanjiro asks, "So that's why you joined the Demon Slayer Corps? And hey, so you, Goku and I all grew up in the mountains, huh?" Inosuke turned to Tanjiro and warned, "Don't lump me in with you! I don't have any parents or siblings! Testing my strength against other living creatures is my only pleasure!" Tanjiro yawned and said, "Is that right? I see."
Zenitsu finally grew the courage and asks, "Tanjiro, no one else is asking, so I'm gonna ask myself. Why are you two travelling with a demon?" Tanjiro sat up and said, "Would you believe me if I tell you?" Zenitsu reluctantly nodded. Tanjiro started, "Around two years ago, Goku and I were out selling coal. When we went back up the mountain, it was during the night. A friend of ours told us to stay the night since he was scared of demons... So we stayed the night..." Goku took over, "When morning arrived, we both began up the mountain. By the time we arrived... Well... Our family was murdered by a demon. Our sibling was the only survivor but was left behind to turn into a demon. A man by the name of Giyu Tomioka saved us and told us about another man named Sakonji Urokodaki. He trained us into where we are today. When we joined the Demon Slayer Corps, we swore that we would turn Nezuko back into a human someday."
Suddenly, Nezuko's box trembled. Zenitsu flinches and stood behind Goku while yelling, "It's coming out! It's trying to come out!" Tanjiro shushed Zenitsu and said, "It's all right, Zenitsu." Zenitsu said, "How can it be all right? Huh? Huh?" Goku put a finger to his mouth and said, "It's the middle of the night! Shush!" The box finally opened, causing Zenitso to yelp, "Oh my gosh! It's not even locked?" He dashes away while screaming, "P-P-Protect me! Someone, please protect me! Even you'll do, Inosuke!" Inosuke kicks Zenitsu in the chin, launching him toward the box. The box opened completely and Nezuko put her hand out. Zenitsu crawls away while screaming, "It's out! I gotta hide! I'm so scared!" Nezuko looked outside to investigate the ruckus Zenitsu caused. Goku looked at Nezuko with a smile and greeted, "Hello, Nezuko!"
Nezuko crawls outside her box and begins growing back to her full size. Zenitsu was quiet throughout the process. To his eyes, she was sparkling and gorgeous. He chokes while Inosuke examined her further. He said, "Huh?" before stretching and adding, "I'm too tired for this," and falling asleep.
Tanjiro said, "Zenitsu... Nezuko here is our little sister." Zenitsu quickly clung to Goku while yelling, "Why didn't you tell me your sister was this cute?" Goku lightly punched Zenitsu off while barking, "Don't you even think about it!" Zenitsu lay on the ground with a small bump on his head while Goku growled in anger.

-
Chapter 25: End.

- A Little Secret -
Inosuke now knows Goku's weak point and intends to exploit it any chance he gets.

1516 words in total.