E Pluribus Unum

Cal stared at the lights, his nerves creeping up on him as everyone huddled together. He felt something grip his hand, the boy looked down to see Max's hand interlocked with his. He gave the girl a small smile to try and ease both their worries.

Will slowly grazed his fingers on the back of his neck, a slight shiver running down his spine as his eyes widened, "He's here..."

Cal gave a gentle squeeze of Max's hands before the group walked towards the elevator, ignoring the yelling from the lady at the desk. They needed to make sure Nancy and Jonathan were okay, especially with the faint muffled sounds of rumbling coming from a couple floors up.

Once they reached the elevator, Max pressed the up button for the elevator.

Nothing.

She continued to spam the button but there was still nothing. She turned around, shrugging to show that the elevator wasn't working.

"Stairs." Mike simply said, the entire group nodding before sprinting down the hall and towards the stairs.

As the group ran up the staircase, their steps echoed through the empty halls until they finally reached the next floor up, noticing Jonathan trying to break through one of the windows to a room. Eleven and Cal took the lead, the others following behind them before they burst through the door.

The sight before them was one out of a horror film. There, in front of them, was a 6ft creature, standing above Nancy seemingly made up of body parts,flesh and guts.

"Jesus!" Mike screamed as his eyes widened.

"What the fu-"

Max was cut short by a loud, ear piercing roar from the disgusting creature, causing them all to cover their ears,

The monster then charged towards the group of kids, its loud roar filling the air until Cal had enough.

Cal let out a loud scream, throwing his hands forward, causing the creature to be thrown across the room and up and down, getting beaten up by the boy until he held it frozen in the air.

Everyone watched with wide eyes as Cal used all his strength to rip the fleshy monster in half. With a final scream he brought his hands down, the monster tearing in half, as he dropped it back on the floor.

It layed there motionless as Nancy ran over to Jonathan before it let out another scream.

The two halves slowly slithered their way towards one another as everyone stood there in shock. How was it still alive?

Before they could react, the halves merged with itself and formed back into the monster it was before. It lunged forward at the group, only being stopped by El, who snapped out of her shock, and threw it out the window into the parking lot.

"Go!" Cal screamed, as the younger group of kids ran back down the stairs and into the hospital's parking lot, while Jonothan and Nancy made sure each other were okay. The kids looked at where the creature was only to be shocked when seeing it now as a liquid-like substance, crawling into one of the drainage pipes, disappearing just to leave a single bone behind.

"Jesus H Christ." Cal panted, out of breath from using his powers.

The group looked over at the boy to see blood flowing out under his nose and eyes.

"Shit. Okay, We need a place to rest and for you to wash that off." Mike said to the group, all of them nodding their heads as Max walked over to Cal and grabbed his hand again.

"We could go to Hopper's cabin." Max suggested to El who nodded her head, agreeing with the idea.

Cal and Max were in the bathroom together at Hopper's cabin, the others while they waited for El to find Billy. Cal sat on the lid of the toilet while Max got warm water from the faucet on to a small washcloth so they could clean up the dried blood. The faucet stopped, Max turned around with a small smile as she kneeled down to meet Cal's height.