Vecna's Curse

Max let out a sharp gasp, sitting up in the bed as her chest heaved. She looked over at her clock, saying it was 8:30 am. Max looked next to her, feeling a weight missing from her bed, to see that Cal wasn't there.

With a groan, Max got out of bed and exited her room, making her way down the hallway and over to the kitchen to grab some painkillers. She went into the kitchen only to find Cal in there, gulping down his own set of painkillers with some water. Cal placed the glass down, letting out a sigh, before turning around to see Max,

"Hey Red." The boy greeted, a small smile on his face.

"Hey Blue." She greeted back, before grabbing her own set of painkillers

Cal watched as she swallowed them dry, "You know I could've grabbed you some water right?" He asked, a little grin on his face.

Max nodded before letting a sigh escape her lips, her face becoming stoic. Cal let a frown form as he looked at the girl.

"Nightmare?" Cal asked, Max nodding her head yes, "Was-was it about Billy?" He asked the girl softly.

"Yeah." Max answered as she looked into Cal's eyes, "What about you? Did you get some sleep?" She asked.

"Not really, I've been up since 5." Cal said.

Max let out a sigh, about to say something, before she was interrupted by the sounds of sirens coming from outside.

The two looked at each other, before they hurried out onto the porch, seeing squad cars outside of Eddie's trailer as Eddie's uncle paced in front of the door with a cigarette in his hand. Susan was already outside looking at the scene

"Jesus Christ." Cal let out, staring at all the police.

"What do you think happened?" Max asked.

"I have no idea." He said.

"Looks like that Munson boy's up to no good again," Susan spoke up.

Cal and Max shared a look before Cal followed Max down the porch steps as they walked towards Eddie's trailer slowly. They looked around an officer, into the trailer, seeing the body of Chrissy Cunningham. Cal felt a chill spread throughout his body as tried to look further in before-

"Hey. You can't be out here. Get back inside. Back inside," an officer stepped in front of Cal and Max, motioning for them to go away.

Cal looked at Eddie's trailer before grabbing Max's hand and walking back to her trailer, his mind racing.

Did Eddie do this? There was no way. Eddie's... Eddie. Was this why he was so freaked out? Did... something else do this? There was only thing he knew was something bad happened last night, something that made Eddie run.

"This isn't good..." Cal muttered.

"Do you think Eddie did this?" Max muttered. Cal looked over to her.

"I, I don't know. I only know Eddie as my drug dealer, but he was always kind and caring towards me." Cal said, debating in his head if Eddie did do this.

Max looked to be in thought before she went back inside, Cal following, and towards her room. They entered the room and Cal closed the door. He turned around and his eyes widened.

"What're you doing?!" Cal asked, covering his eyes and turning away as Max started to take off her PJs.

"Don't you think it's strange? I mean, we saw Eddie and Chrissy. They were fine." Max stated, struggling to get her legs in blue pants before getting it in, "Then a couple minutes later, the lights start flickering and Eddie's screaming and hightailing out of here." Max said, putting on a dark blue top as well as a jacket.